Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cressstiiieeesss *Pic Heavy*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToonTomH
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Cressstiiieeesss *Pic Heavy* Reply with quote

Was cleaning out the terrariums today so decided that would be a good oppurtunity to take some pictures of my cresties, now it wasn't the best choice of time to do them, as the only one showing any colours slightly close to what it's like when it's fired up is the adult female. But anyway, here goes.

Here is the adult female, normally a bit darker than this, but not a great amount missing here:

And now the adult male, this is the one showing least of it's normal colours, he normally has a strong patterning on his back, with his sides an orangey brown, and the pattern on his back being orange and the same orangey brown as the rest of his body is. Shame that he's like that on these pictures, as looking in on him now he's properly fired up!

But anyway; here he is:

You can see the sort of pattern he is here, but the orangey bits on him in this are normally a proper orange, and the rest is a dark orangey brown.

And the rest:

And now for the baby, well not so baby anymore. I sold one yesterday, but this is the one I have left. A year old on 5th July! Coming out stunning, red and black dalmation spots, with a flame pattern and also patterning on the sides. S/he comes up a real dark orangey/red colour when fired up, again I'm sitting here looking at him/her a lot darker than what s/he looks like on these pictures!

Thanks for looking Very Happy

Tom

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sweetcorn
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all absolutely gorgeous.......I'm green with envy Very Happy I'd so like to have a couple of these. I'm still on the look out for something local and will snatch them up if I find any!!!
Geordiegirl
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're gorgeous Tom. Smile
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely stunning Very Happy
ToonTomH
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice photos, some good looking cresteds there!

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
scrambled legs
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i enjoyed looking at your photos,

they all look great Very Happy

Neil.
crested geckos, rabbits, guinea pigs, gerbils, cat, jackapoo, poodle, a gazillion fish.
ToonTomH
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scott and Neil.

Here are some better pictures of the juvie and male. The male is showing his proper colours on these, but the juvie is still a little way off...

Not the best quality- Taken off my phone

Adult male:

And the baby. As I say still quite a way off his/her full colours, will normally be a red/orange at night:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: