Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need 2nd, 3rd & 4th Opinion on these hatchlings
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Need 2nd, 3rd & 4th Opinion on these hatchlings Reply with quote

Just wanted to check with everyone what they thought of these, these 4 don't look anything like the others, there are a couple of other odd ones as well that I will get pictures of again. All the other 'Mac Snows' were black and white pretty much when they hatched, these ones however look different so not sure what they are exactly, let me know what you think. The one in the last 3 pictures I think is STUNNING and my son has called dibs on it, the father of all of these is a Super Mac Snow and the mothers are either triple het or High Yellow or Hypo, can't remember which is which now though but can conform if necessary, I know the first 2 pictured hatched today and their mother is apparently a high yellow or that's what I bought her as, and the hatchlings look more brown and purple looking than black and white. I may be completely wrong however, I still get rather confused with leo morphs Laughing The Female Hybino I crossed with the Super Mac Snow has 1 of her first eggs hatching as wel speak can't wait to see what that one looks like, 1 baby for me 1 baby for my son as the super mac is his as is the hybino but I do all bill paying etc so that was the deal. He is calling dibs on what I think are all the nicest looking ones at the moment Rolling Eyes Laughing

Anyway, here they are:

"Life without animals isn't life, they give much and take little"

Claire
DrAdam
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one just looks like a normal mack ?? The one before that looks like some sort of jungle/stripe on the body but has a normal tail ? It could be the case that the super hypo part of the hybino has 'leaked through a bit' I'm saying that because the super hypo is a line bred trait.

What are the mothers triple het for ??

Never take life too seriously, no-one gets out alive anyway
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the opinion DrAdam, it appears that I muddled the parentage up, ALL 4 of these hatchlings came from the high Yellow x Super Snow breeding, I thought 2 of them had come from the female that was het for bel, het for tremper and possibly het patternless Embarassed I really should check my tubs in future Embarassed Laughing The Hybino eggs are still thinking about hatching, on has started cutting the egg but hasn't emerged yet, the other has only just started to dimple.

Do I ever feel like a wally now Laughing

Claire
Lynne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesnt matter what they are, they are gorgeous. i love the bluey lavandery ones. but thats my favorite colour. wee cuteys.
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lynne, they are all really nice, and in a few weeks the first 3 won't look anything like they do now, the one in the last pictures would you believe was boring black and white when it was born Laughing They grow up so fast Very Happy

Claire
DrAdam
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to worry, mistakes happen Smile

Even if it did come from the triple het female, they would all still be snows Smile

I should hopefully have some in a few days

Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like them whatever they are, and I like snows (thankfully) as we seem to have 12 of them so far, and they will all be keepers Laughing I’m going to hold back everything from this season ready for next season, so my son currently has 4 to add to his collective and the other 8 are mine Very Happy Got my first pair of giant eggs yesterday I of the eggs doesn’t look that good, but I’ve put it in the bator just in case I’m wrong, should have another few due soon as well Very Happy

Best of luck with yours Very Happy Are you expecting snows as well, or something else?

Claire
DrAdam
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm expecting some super snow albinos. super snow het albino and regular snows to name a couple

Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooooo I like the snow albinos they are very tasty indeed Very Happy

One of my blizzards seems to be defective, I’ve just had my 2nd clutch of infertile looking eggs  I think I’m going to put the female to the Super Snow as he is possibly het for either blizzard or patternless, I can’t remember which Laughing So probably more Mac Snows Laughing Either that or my giant red stripe outcross, I haven’t totally made my mind up yet, but I’m leaning towards the Super Snow.

Claire
Steve H
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look gorgeous. Very Happy Very Happy
Said i wouldn't buy a mack snow but think they look nicer in the flesh so ended up with one.This talk of breeding has got me wondering what will i breed my albino mack snow male to. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: