Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update..Chameleons eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scorpion251067
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Update..Chameleons eyes Reply with quote

Just an update to how my little girl Duckie is getting on now, I really didn't think she was going to make it through the operation, then to have to have antibiotic injections every 3 days, but I can proudly say she is doing so well that even the Vets are amazed at her, I must admit that after each injection it does set her back a little but not too much... she went to her little pond and drank by herself for the first time since the op, then to my amazement she caught her own food where as I have been kinda force feeding (when she opens her mouth) I put a wax worm in and she eats them. The swelling of her eye is going down but I have been told that this could take ages and there is no certainty that if will completely go down, she is trying to use her left eye, but whether she can see out of it is not known as yet, but she is compensating very well, I took some photo's of her today whilst sunning herself in the garden today, you may not see that the swelling is going down, but it is slowly but surely.. but to all please keep an eye on your Chams eyes to avoid this happening to them as it is heart breaking to see them go through this. Again thank you to everyone who supported me with this issue..Lesley
tigerbaby2k
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh bless her! Glad to hear she is doing well and coming back to herself Smile

Counting down the weeks til I get my Cham! My beardie is 10 1/2 years old Smile

1.0 Bearded Dragon
1.0 Lhasa apso
1.1 Lionheads
0.1 Syrian Hamster
kroakykaren
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad she is doing well, she has a good mum in you Very Happy
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lesley so glad Duckie is doing so well had been wondering but was worried to ask she has been so brave bless her. Hope you are feeling better about things as well. Its good that we have finally got some sun which Im sure will help her feel better. Is it safe for her to have natural sun exposure whilst her eyes are still healing? All the best Heatherxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: