Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The I.H.S.are Pleased to announce:-
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jav07
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: The I.H.S.are Pleased to announce:- Reply with quote

'The Greatest Show on Earth?' - Not quite! But the IHS is planning what we hope will be the biggest meeting the UK has seen for a long time.

Our society is in the process of inviting the attendance of ALL current UK societies to include: British Herpetetological Society, British Tarantula Society, British Phasmid Group, British Dendrobatid Group to name but a few.

This will take place on the 7th September at 'The Dome' Doncaster, we have booked the hall there which holds upto 200 tables, In addition we are negotiating preferential rates for our members to take advantage of other facilities available at The DOME such as swimming,Ice skating, babminton etc. This will truly prove to be 'A Family Day Out'

The IHS is working hard to ensure the on-going future of our hobby - get your organisation to give us there support.

For more information why not drop Richard – I.H.S. Events Organizer (ihsnewsletter@yahoo.co.uk) an e-mail for more details. (If your club or society has not been approached and would like to be involved get in touch)
crouchy
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this sounds like a very good idea and i hope the event can bring in enough breeders to fill the 200 tables.

http://www.freewebs.com/crouchys/
CB Rhampholeon Brevicaudatus (Pygmy Chams) Hatching now
MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats awesome! but the BDG does not exist any more and hasn't for a number of years.

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
jav07
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ wrote:
Thats awesome! but the BDG does not exist any more and hasn't for a number of years.

strange cos someone accepted the invite to attend
PaulG
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, but dont think i will be able to attend as Hamm is the weekend after.

:.Rhacodactylus.:.Eublepharis.:.Stenodactylus.:.Nephrurus.:
jav07
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crouchy wrote:
this sounds like a very good idea and i hope the event can bring in enough breeders to fill the 200 tables.

we are hoping to get all reptile,invert and amphibian clubs and societies under one roof,the good thing is its a big show and legal...if we can advertise as much as possible we should get a good turn out and have a more varied show...fingers crossed
mark68
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One big show with all the societies acting together, thats a crazy idea. Wish I had thought of it !

Who is allowed to have a table ? I assume no traders are allowed to sell animals. Instead only dry goods. If so, how are you going to define a trader ?
jav07
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did say it was in the pipeline last year
normal rules apply at the min,if you have a pet shop licence you cannot sell live stock.
if your club/society has agreed to take part then you can book a table we will announce these as and when they agree
mark68
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt here about it then. Its really good news. Good to hear that clubs can work together. So you have to be a member of one of the clubs to have a table or to get entrance as a buyer ?
jav07
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark68 wrote:
Didnt here about it then. Its really good news. Good to hear that clubs can work together. So you have to be a member of one of the clubs to have a table or to get entrance as a buyer ?

you need to be a member to book a table but anyone can attend to buy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: