Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

:( :( :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigerbaby2k
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: :( :( :( Reply with quote

SO In the future would really like to move to Australia but having had a check today about keeping reptiles out there as I remember when I went 2 years ago the people said you needed licences.
Now to keep Bearded dragons thats fine - via a licence, BUT IM GUTTED you cannot keep any exotic animals to Australia which means Chameleons are a NO NO - GUTTED!!!

Sad Sad Sad

Counting down the weeks til I get my Cham! My beardie is 10 1/2 years old Smile

1.0 Bearded Dragon
1.0 Lhasa apso
1.1 Lionheads
0.1 Syrian Hamster
Lynne

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i couldnt take mine, i wouldnt go. not that i would be going anyway. but good luck when you do.
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the problem Lynne, Im worried if I get some chams soon (which I want lol) I would stop myself from ever going there Sad and its truely a beautiful place with amazing wildlife. though suprisingly a lot of people over there have no idea what chameleons look like as they never see them unless theyve watched them on tv!
so would it be cruel to get chams and keep them and enjoy them whilst Im here in the UK and then find some lovely homes for them for when I move over there. hmmm Sad but then I form attachments so easily Sad

1.0 Bearded Dragon
1.0 Lhasa apso
1.1 Lionheads
0.1 Syrian Hamster
Lynne

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerbaby2k wrote:
thats the problem Lynne, Im worried if I get some chams soon (which I want lol) I would stop myself from ever going there Sad and its truely a beautiful place with amazing wildlife. though suprisingly a lot of people over there have no idea what chameleons look like as they never see them unless theyve watched them on tv!
so would it be cruel to get chams and keep them and enjoy them whilst Im here in the UK and then find some lovely homes for them for when I move over there. hmmm Sad but then I form attachments so easily Sad

thats what i would worry about. it would break my heart, even though you know the homes are good ones. would be a shame too to miss this opportunity. why dont they allow them?
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are very strict on imports, presumably to prevent exotic diseases entering the country. I think in a way they have it right in doing licences for any reptile / bird / amphibian coz you have to prove you know what your getting into and know the correct husbandry and dietry requirements etc.
so gutted. Ive ALWAYS wanted chameleons - chose Beardies when I was 14 (10 years ago) as they great to start off with and have promised myself I would have Chams once finish uni (this summer) and I want at some point Panthers, Yemen, Quads and Jacksons. hmmm

1.0 Bearded Dragon
1.0 Lhasa apso
1.1 Lionheads
0.1 Syrian Hamster
Brew
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't sound like you know if your definitely going? If your not then get the chams and cross that bridge if or when you come to it. If you do go I'm sure you'll be able to house them with worthy people, they'll be plenty of takers on here alone I should think.
Just think if you don't get them and end up staying in this beautiful country, the land of plenty, full of opportunity, low taxes and all year round tropical climate.........oops sorry I'll put the bottle of cider down. Now where was I, oh yeah if you get them and stay in this old hole you'll miss out on both counts!
ClactonJoe
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone with a webcam would take them off your hands.
That way, you could keep an eye on them from all around the globe.

I'd get them and then deal with the problem when it occurs. Like Brew said.

But then if you are anything like Lynne (and probably more of us) you will find it difficult to part with any of your pets.

Oh Dear.....
I know with great pets comes great responsibilty. But you do have to live for now and deal with any problems as they crop-up. Otherwise, you wouldn't do anything and be always waiting.

Go-on Have a Look...
http://www.mycampage.com/chameleon
tigerbaby2k
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brew and Joe, your not helping lmao!!! When I do go I will be taking my dogs definately as thats not a problem. Treacle (hamster) is 2 1/4 now so dont think she will be around too much longer (sadly Sad ) and I will have to rehome the 2 beutiful lionheads as they definately cant go over for two reasons 1-idont think its fair to fly lil bunnies for 22 hours! and 2- cannot keep rabbits as pets in australia anyway.
The only one I have left that I would have to very sadly part with is my beloved Beardie boy who is 10 1/2 now and needs hand feeding as his back legs arent very coordinated any more (unknown reason) but he still enjoys live!
Im sure as you say when I do get some chams and then move to Australia, there are probably plenty of people on here who would love the sexy lil uns! especially as the panthers will be from Lee Smile I know some of his boys live to around 9-10 years old so they are a long commitment. If only they would allow chams there...

1.0 Bearded Dragon
1.0 Lhasa apso
1.1 Lionheads
0.1 Syrian Hamster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: