Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

African Spur tortoises

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Tortoises & Turtles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lstratton
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: African Spur tortoises Reply with quote

Hi there,
My mum is thinking of getting 2 tortoises and we were thinking about these because we like the decent size that they get to eventually.
I have a few questions though -
It says in some places that they don't hibernate, is this true, even when they are adult?
How long does it take for them to be fully grown and also sexually mature?
What would be the average price for 1 CB 07? I'm guessing that 08s will be too young to have at the moment?
Also, what size should a tortoise table be for 2 of these and I'm guessing or rather hoping that once they are adult if we set up an area for them in the garden with a shed or something that has a heat lamp in there for them, then we can keep them outside either all of the year or for part of it if they should be hibernated.
Sorry for all the questions but it seems the more I research something the more questioins I come up with.
Thankyou

Lucy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Tortoises & Turtles All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: