Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My 1st Agus eggs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Monitors - big & small!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tick
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: My 1st Agus eggs Reply with quote

Hi every1 this is my first post on here i think joined absolutly ages ago but u were all talking £1000 snake and being a married man my wife wouldnt let me have that much pocket money Laughing

Well iv finally managed to breed Argus which was a major project for me
last year my male ate most of the eggs and the rest were duff, well this year a little older and a little wiser i separated them

heres the proud mum to be

heres the nervous dad wondering how hes gonna make ends meet Laughing

And here are the first 4 kids well not quite but eggs

I got 8 good eggs in total Smile so in 6 months these will be up for sale at £200 each

If ur interested private message me if u would like to know the implications of owning 1 of these amazing monitors check out

www.reptileguru.com
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey welcome to the site, not a bad first post Laughing

Big congratulations on the eggs, fingers crossed you get them to hatch. How damp are you keeping the vermiculite?

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
James
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations, i love these monitors. keep us posted on how the incubation goes bet you cant wait to see little heads coming out of those eggs. If i had the room to care for one of these properly id defiantly be sending you a PM but unfortunately I done Crying or Very sad so your just have keep posting more pics Very Happy
tick
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
hey welcome to the site, not a bad first post Laughing

Big congratulations on the eggs, fingers crossed you get them to hatch. How damp are you keeping the vermiculite?

Dont know what percentage the humidity is my mate jay who owns reptile corner and who has bred these for 2 1/2 years but has now sold his breeding pair unfortunatly not to me Crying or Very sad told me to fill a tub with vermiculite pour in half a litre of water and then drain off the excess water it dosnt get more technical than that out here in the sticks Laughing
But he never lost a clutch in two years with this logic and he used to get 2-3 clutches a year i have looked on
www.reptileguru.com which is the most knowledgable site i have found on this monitor but although they tell you some bits on incubation temps etc the do not mention ideal humidity

Any info on ideal humidity will be welcome
I am also looking to buy another adult female so i have a trio and double the productivity 16 eggs every 6 weeks seems very appealing and funnily enough the wife dosnt seem advers to the idea either Shocked what a shock
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admire your determination to see things through to a successful finish - very well done, in fact awesome Wink Cool Would love to own such brill beasties, but certainly not got the room Sad

Oh and not all of us talk about £1K reps., except with green coloured voices ....

Sue
tick
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quasimodo wrote:
Admire your determination to see things through to a successful finish - very well done, in fact awesome Wink Cool Would love to own such brill beasties, but certainly not got the room Sad

Oh and not all of us talk about £1K reps., except with green coloured voices ....

Sue

Laughing i have spent alot of time on rfuk and this forum seems to have the more well off keepers thankyou for the compliment by the way but i think that i kinda prove that with determination we can all get up there where ever there is
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Monitors - big & small! All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: