Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

delighted with this baby
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: delighted with this baby Reply with quote

Five years ago I bought an albino Bull and called her Esmeralda. When she was three I mated her to my Northern Pine, Quasimodo. This year she was mated to one of the resulting 100% het males that I had kept back, called Quanah. She laid two clutches of eggs, the first one just 54 days ago.

Went to peep into the incubator to just check on the condition of the eggs and Shocked Shocked this darling little girl was fully hatched.... Sooooo surprised and DELIGHTED.

What please do you think of the colour ? I am hoping that the Northern Pines influence will increase the vibrancy of the colour. Did not expect to see lavender Surprised wondering how she will develop.

Roughly 50% of the clutch should be albino and the rest will be 100% het for albino Wink Very Happy

Sue
Lynne

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she is amazing sue. love her colour. congrats.
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she looks a proper little lady. real class
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit IMO Bulls and Pines look like they were hit with the ugly stick when they get bigger Laughing but that snake is really nice .
AJ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
James
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks very nice, be interesting to see how she turns out.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ wrote:
I have to admit IMO Bulls and Pines look like they were hit with the ugly stick when they get bigger Laughing but that snake is really nice .
AJ

that's harsh Laughing

I love the pituophis group, just a shame there's not so many being bred now. Well done with yours Sue.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
kroakykaren
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is beautiful Sue Very Happy
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for the kind comments folk. Very Happy I know that many Pituophis peeps feel very strongly about inter-breeding the various Pits., and I do totally understand. When I started this project 5 years ago I was not aware of these feelings - sorry guys Embarassed - but I am going to always be 100% upfront about the breeding of my snakes and let buyers know that there is Northern Pine blood in the mix.

Yes, before replies come in to say that down the line others may not be so honest, I do realise that Sad but then the Carpet Python peeps interbreed their snakes don't they ?

Starting a list of peeps who would like to buy one of the albinos and / or hets from me Wink Please pm if interested.
AJ
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
AJ wrote:
AJ

that's harsh Laughing

I love the pituophis group, just a shame there's not so many being bred now. Well done with yours Sue.

Must apologize if what i said seemed harsh Embarassed but i did express this as my opinion and did say the snake in the pic was nice as a hatchling but as they get older i think they get ugly
AJ Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AJ"][quote="Scott W"]
AJ wrote:
Must apologize if what i said seemed harsh Embarassed but i did express this as my opinion and did say the snake in the pic was nice as a hatchling but as they get older i think they get ugly
AJ Wink

That is OK Wink As you are new to the Forum you will not have seen a photo of Esmeralda, the Bull mother. She is still a very lovely lady and she is 5 years old now. Does the attached photo of her help to change your mind at all ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: