Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

green tree pythons/ emerald tree boas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Boas & Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awag
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: green tree pythons/ emerald tree boas Reply with quote

Does any1 now how 2 care for this stunning snake? many thanx adam Cool
Stuart Marquis
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep both species and there are several other people on this forum that do as well, but you're going to have to be a bit more specific with your questions if you want to get a good response.

Do a few google searches from care sheets etc.

cheers

Stuart
awag
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok kl.... ok what cage size do they need? i read 2x2x2?!? for quite a large snake dis seems a bit small?:S what about temp and humidity? can i set a fogger up to spray every day or night or sumin? i read a heat cable can be used instead of a lamp for heatin as they dont like bright light? is this true? also how much am i lookin at paying for snake and cage? many thanks adam
crouchy
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes a 2x2x2 is ideal for a GTP. They are not a very active snake so dont require a huge viv.

Foggers are in my opinion absolutely rubbish. Get a misting system by all means but not one of those ultrasonic fogger things.

Heat cable can be used so its up to you. Reptile radiators are quite popular with GTP's too.

A baby GTP will cost you anywhere between £300 - £600 depending on where you get it and adults will cost you at least £500 each. The setup is totally dependant on the type of cage you buy.

GTP's are very delicate snakes that requirw a huge amount of research and i dont mean to sound like im having a go but it seems that you have no where near enough knowledge yet. Id suggest buying a book called "The Complete Chondro" and reading it all before you buy the snake.

http://www.freewebs.com/crouchys/
CB Rhampholeon Brevicaudatus (Pygmy Chams) Hatching now
awag
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kl thanx.. will do..im jst in research pages as im lookin for a fairly small ish animal dats stunnin bt can b usd in demonsrtations or jst as an awsum pet
crouchy
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well both GTP's and ETB's are more of a display animal than a pet or demonstration animal. They stress quite easily so i wouldnt personally ever use one for demonstrations. A lot of them also dont take to kindly to being handled so are best left alone in their viv

http://www.freewebs.com/crouchys/
CB Rhampholeon Brevicaudatus (Pygmy Chams) Hatching now
woodage
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awag wrote:
kl thanx.. will do..im jst in research pages as im lookin for a fairly small ish animal dats stunnin bt can b usd in demonsrtations or jst as an awsum pet

Get an amel corn. Perfect for that sort of thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Boas & Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: