Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any surgestions for Hamm
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Any surgestions for Hamm Reply with quote

Need some help guys. Basically im not allowed nay more reptiles cus my parents are being ****s and are just being spiteful. im going to Hamm this September and will have lots of birthday money to spend(hopefully Razz ) I will probably get away with something very little or doesnt need a lot of space. I have quite a few reptiles already and research what ever i decide very well before getting them.

I was thinking helmeted geckos or spider geckos, viper,stenodactylus, small skinks??

I dont know what to pursue

Kellyxx
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Denzil (chequered garter snake)
Samson+Mickey (Crested geckos)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
johne.ev
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice way to speak of your parents.
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by that?

My parents want me out of the house because of my animals which dont disrupt their lives in anyway at all. My reptiles dont cost them nothing, I clean them, pay for their feed and pay house keep. You dont know my parents they are just control freaks and if they dont have a chain round my neck they dont want to know me. Basically they say no you cant have any more animals, no you cant have a social life, no you cant go out partying, no you cant go on your own holiday with friends and no you cant do things that normal teenagers do. If I do want to do anything without mummy and daddy permision then ive gotta get out. I think thats wrong. But this is not a discusion about my parents and dont really want them dictating every aspect of my whole life so lets just drop it about my parents.
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry Embarassed
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG ive fallen in love with Nephrurus Amyae
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
PaulG
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiteraven666 wrote:
OMG ive fallen in love with Nephrurus Amyae

lol, I love nephrurus !!
And i deffo recommend them if you have deep pockets, especially for amyae.

:.Rhacodactylus.:.Eublepharis.:.Stenodactylus.:.Nephrurus.:
Ailurus
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh nephs are awesome.

i have been looking at them for a while, i am a bit obsessed (lol Paul Wink )

However all species of nephrurus demand high prices, so you will need quite deep pockets. the most commonly availiable are levis, these are also the ones that cost the least. They are very handsome animals. (Ask Paul he has some, and they are stunning)

However if you do not feel you want to stretch for the high prices that Nephrurus demand,. have you thought about Australian Barking Geckos (Underwoodisaurus milii) They used to be classified as nephrurus, but have recently be reclassified. they are very easy to keep, and stunning little animals. At Hamm you may be able to get Hypomelanistic individuals which are gorgeous.

Good luck with whatever you decide. And my parents are quite similar to yours lol. I havent been allowed any new reptiles for ages, but i recently managed to twist their arms, so now i am looking forward to expand my collection. It just takes time, they will come round Wink

Snakes: :Pantherophis: :Coelognathus: :Lampropeltis: :Heterodon: :Antaresia:
Lizards: :Rhacodactylus: :Pogona: :Goniurosaurus:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ailurus27
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks for that reply Ailurus and paulg

I have actually been offered an underwoodisaurus milli (young male) and looked after him during hes owner was on holiday. My friend has a pair and a male left over and sed i could have him off her but i dunno why but i just didnt bond with him when she was away, im one of those people that want to bond with my animals and talk to em and stuff and sit there and watch a movie with:lol:

I have seen piccys of the Levis and they certainly next inline on my wanted list. Thing i like about N.Amyae is that they look like the helmeted geckos and they are so striking and theyre eyes truely are stunning to the core.

Do you think i would need to find a breeder and get on their waiting lists for one or do you think there will loads there for sale so ill have a pick of some?

Yeh Parents truely are a pain in the bum. I ask em why cant i have any more reptiles, they will all stay in my room and they dont smell and so on and they wouldnt be of any nusiance to them what so ever. They turn around and say yourve got enough. I should be the one that says when enough is enough cus im the one looking after them. I asked them to justify why im not allowed anymore and they said "because we said so".

Last wednesday was an ultimatum. I got in from work with my new vivarium which would be set up for one of my new crested geckos (Gorgeuos little boys) and it was like another bloody world war. My mum came up to my room and started moaning at me that ive got to many animals and i need to stop getting them, even though ive got room,time and money to take more on. It got so bad when I was saying I have the room and asked her what would she do if i bring home anymore pets and she sed that new pet would have to go. I would have to get rid of it asap even if it was another case of Jake or my skiny velvet gecko. Most parents would be proud that their kid wants to help little sick animals out and do it all by themselves. I said well what if i refused to get rid of it then what?? sed replied then you will have to go and find somewhere else to live.

I stayed round a mates that night (the mate with the underrwoodisaurus milli infact) and didnt return till next day and me and my parents werent talking properly for days and i got really badly depressed. Sad that that was all over some little lizards that they wouldnt even know about. They dont even know about the velvet gecko cus they simply havent noticed him. Sad really that the animal would only be a problem if they knew that it was there.
Pathetic!!!!

HAHA and little do they know i was today given 3 Stenodactylus stenodactylus gecko eggs and 4 Stenodactylus Petri eggs and are ontop of one of my vivs developing away. Twisted Evil

Oh well Twisted Evil
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
Lynne

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it makes me sad to hear about parents like this. parents are not meant to dictate and order around, they are meant to help, lead, teach and nurture any special gifts thier kids might have. and as for ordering you out the house, to me thats unimaginable. i could see the point if you were getting into trouble, or standing at street corners smoking dope. even then i could never imagine turning my back on my kids. but surely this interest is far more healthy. and its keeping you out of trouble, teaching you responsibility. they should remember, we never know whats around the corner.

anyway, whatever you decide to get kelly, it will be well looked after. and if you get chucked out, just move up here wi me. all reps welcome too. Very Happy
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh I will probably hold ya to that Lynne Very Happy You going Hamm this year?

I could be one of those kids thatdo hang around street corners and just smoke and all my money is spend on fags, drugs and drink. At least reptiles are a safe hobby and they give me soemthing to do as well as enjoy watching them grow.

Kellyxx
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: