Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wow....lost & found!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Tortoises & Turtles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Wow....lost & found! Reply with quote

The dog has taken a liking to my tortoises Sad We found her today with an adult female spur thigh on our back door step. Lucky enough she hadn't done any damage but when we checked our 'pen' there was another one missing Sad

I thought the chances of finding the missing female were almost zero (2 acre garden surrounded by farm land) but amazingly after about a 30 minute search I found her down a quite lane buried in a ditch in some leaves Shocked Laughing

I just can't believe my luck...right off to buy a lottery ticket Cool Laughing

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
PaulG
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are always loosing these torts Scott !! Laughing

Good job for finding her though.

:.Rhacodactylus.:.Eublepharis.:.Stenodactylus.:.Nephrurus.:
MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey mate you better get some more wire to cover them up Laughing oh and since you're good at finding things have a look for my mind as I've lost it Laughing

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
James
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad you found them all unharmed. my aunty lost a tortoise before and it was found acouple of months after wards down the lane. she had if for about another year then it went AWOL again never found out how it could escape was in a big brick pen type thing.
Terry-rhac.cil
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thers a poor man who lives near my mum who lost his 2 when the grass cutter was on the field outside he got one back unfortunatly the blades got the other he was devastated. i was too!! and i dont even know him. another time he lost his remaining one and i was searching the field for over an hour but i found him and he was fine!! i was soooooo pleased.
Jezz
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done on finding it Scott, I know how hard it is considering they dig and stuff, im keeping mine safe as from now on

2.1.0 Python Regius
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.0.1 Lampropeltis getulus californiae
1.0.0 Pantherophis guttata guttata
0.1.0 Eublepharis macularius
0.1.0 Testudo hermanni
0.1.0 Grammostola rosea
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, you know the thingys that are attached to bunches of keys, so that when the keys are lost you can just clap your hands and lights flash and bells ring.... Question Well, why not superglue one onto each tortoise shell Wink That would make losing them a lot more fun Rolling Eyes

Sue
MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao Laughing

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott ever since I read that you have 2 acres of garden, and remembering the photos of some of it... Shocked Laughing I have been making plans in my head to make it really interesting and beautiful. Sorry, but for the last few years of my working life I worked on a 240 acre private estate, growing plants etc. Loved it and am itching to get going on an untamed plot Rolling Eyes

How about a competition to design you a garden. Winner gets a morph royal..... Cool
Lynne

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quasimodo wrote:
Scott ever since I read that you have 2 acres of garden, and remembering the photos of some of it... Shocked Laughing I have been making plans in my head to make it really interesting and beautiful. Sorry, but for the last few years of my working life I worked on a 240 acre private estate, growing plants etc. Loved it and am itching to get going on an untamed plot Rolling Eyes

How about a competition to design you a garden. Winner gets a morph royal..... Cool

or you could come up here and do mine. its like steptoes yard.
i had a tort once. the woman came and took it back though. bitch.
i didnt know you bred torts too scott, and congrats on getting him back too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Tortoises & Turtles All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: