Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What thermostats?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterf
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either can fail on or off, it depends on what component fails.
This one has seperate circuitry to ensure it can only fail off.
Rad
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am using both the luck reptile pro 11 and the habistat dimmer and i can say that i am happy with both, but i do like the features with the pro 11 but it could be better if it was a dimmer stat.

But the habistat's have been around for a long time and to me have never had one go wrong, which is a real bonus Laughing

would like to see the new habistat peter, will keep a look at for them Laughing
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterf wrote:
It is still under developement but, as a teaser will have the following features and more! And it will be manufactured in the UK.
Dimming. For use on any heaters from heat mats to light bulbs to ceramics.
Soft touch key pad.
Calibrated and accurate back lite digital read out.
Variable length cordsets and probe.
Real time clock.
Unlimited number of temperature changes in 24 hour period. Temperature changes ramp up and down over 5 minutes when changes are programmed.
Seperate timed on/ off outlet for fluorescents and other auxilliary components.
A completely seperate circuit and 5 degree over temp cutout to ensure there is no chance of unit failure and the heater remaining on. With reset button. Most thermostat failures are caused by heater (or its holder or wiring) problems. This unit will have overload/ short circuit protection that will detect voltage surge in milliseconds and protect the unit.
Power indicator will indicate the effective use of your heater. In other words if you have a heater thats too big for the temperature required then the indicator will show low consumption. This will enable the user to modify the heater size for maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
Watch this space.
I will be launching the unit on this web site and will be offering some introduction offers.

Got to say Peter that sounds absolutely brilliant, can't wait to try one.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What thermostats? Reply with quote

baz300 wrote:
Hi

I was lookibng at Helix thermostats but they seem only to be supplied for american use. is there nything over here at a similar quality?

Thanks

With regards to thermostats available right now, I ONLY use habistats and have over 30 running at the moment. In my opinion they are superb. I am not interested in gadgets as much as I am in reliability, I can NOT afford to have a thermostat break on me, hence using Habistats due to the quality UK build and historic reliability.

I have seen the lucky reptile gear and on the surface it does look great but I'm not prepared to risk losing animals by using mass produced 'cheap' Chinese labour Wink

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Bri.
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What thermostats? Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:

With regards to thermostats available right now, I ONLY use habistats and have over 30 running at the moment. In my opinion they are superb. I am not interested in gadgets as much as I am in reliability, I can NOT afford to have a thermostat break on me, hence using Habistats due to the quality UK build and historic reliability.

I have seen the lucky reptile gear and on the surface it does look great but I'm not prepared to risk losing animals by using mass produced 'cheap' Chinese labour Wink

Same here. I use Habiststs on all my roach colonies AND the reptiles. Not had a single problem with them to date. Tried and tested. AND I've got a few built to my own spec.

Ailurus wrote:
wow peterf they sound awesome. Any info on the retail price?

Ditto to that question. Will certainly be interested in a few.
johne.ev
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, habistat for me too. Once had a problem with a twinstat, sent it back to habistat. Got it repaired free of charge. took about three days. Excellent service i thought, considering it was over two years old. Must admit i've never used any other make.
roeder1969
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: stats Reply with quote

LeeWarren wrote:
Lucky Reptile Pro II. In my opinion the best stat on the market at present.

Yes these do look good the only problem is are they dimming stats ?????

1.2.0 Bearded Dragons
1.1.0 Corn Snakes
1.0.0 Royal Python

[IMG]http://pythonkings.nl/koningspython.php?id=410[/IMG]
James
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had the a habistat running on my leo viv for well over 10 years and ive had no problems with it at all. this is why i chose a habistat for my royal and i will continue to use them.

looking forward to seeing peterf's ones they sound awesome.
jacobsecology
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah habistats are by far the better product. with the reliability and usage factors they are great. i have had a few go wrong, down to me though and the servicing service is superb. great fast action . habistats all the way.
Lynne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have microclimate and habistat, i prefer habistat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: