Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RAGING
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynne

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: RAGING Reply with quote

IM BLOODY RAGING. my ponies and the farmers horse, 4 of which are chronic lamanitics, are kept between two small paddocks to restrict grazing, because of the laminitis which can kill them. today i went down to move the 6 of them into thier other paddock, in which the grass has grown a wee bit, and find the guy who lives in the cottage flinging grass cuttings over the wall. which are toxic to horses.

i politely(honest)asked him not to feed them grass cuttings to which i was told 'aw bugger off, i'v been feeding cuttings to horses for 12 years'. this i took as the signal for battle to commence and i bloody let rip. i told him to open his garden gates at around 6. he asked why. so i said 'cause am coming down wi a bag of dried biscuits to feed your bloody dogs'.

i have written him a polite(!!!!)letter detailing why he cant feed these to my horses, and telling him if i have to get a vet out he will be footing the bill. am so bloody angry. they are my damn horses and tbh, IF i let them loose in a twenty acre field full of rich lush grass, it would kill them. but they see them in a paddock with very little grass, but with a huge round bale of hay, and think im being cruel!!!!

sorry about the rant, i am just so angry. am off to shove my letter through his door, AND feed his bloody dogs!!!!
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its causing damage to your animals you can send him some solicitor's letters, if he continues you can take him to county(Civil) court I beleive. Try to get a video or pictures of him giving the grass to the horses and get a vet to say that it is hamrful.

Azza
SteveL
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

horses are always eating grass ? im not sure whats bad about grass but where i work i regulary see horses grazing on grass? have i missed somthing?

jezz wrote:
I dont understand SteveL's sarcasm dohhh
PaulG
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye Lynne, my old horse that i had ages ago lol got this.
Then we had to make him have not as much grass.
He was called george.

:.Rhacodactylus.:.Eublepharis.:.Stenodactylus.:.Nephrurus.:
Lynne

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveL wrote:
horses are always eating grass ? im not sure whats bad about grass but where i work i regulary see horses grazing on grass? have i missed somthing?

its grass 'CUTTINGS', from the lawn mower that are bad for them. he has been flinging them over for weeks he said!!!! i asked did he ever own horses he said no, he wasny a farmer!!!!! anyway i wrote him a wee letter explaining why grass cuttings are bad for them, and why they are on limited grazing, and he is still being an ass. i flung all his mowings back over the wall, so he can lift them and dump them somewhere more suitable. thanks for that azza, i will point that out if i catch him again.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didny know you had a horse paul!!!!!
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I used to have one at dads when i was like 8 or 9.
It was so random, it just turned up for me bday.
Buit i was rubish and it used to bend down to eat grass and i would fall over the top of it PMSL

:.Rhacodactylus.:.Eublepharis.:.Stenodactylus.:.Nephrurus.:
Lynne

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulG wrote:
No I used to have one at dads when i was like 8 or 9.
It was so random, it just turned up for me bday.
Buit i was rubish and it used to bend down to eat grass and i would fall over the top of it PMSL

ah, you should have used baling twine to stop it doing that. i had to do it when gemma was wee and she used to ride corrie. corrie was forever stopping at first bit of grass she came to, and would nearly haul her over her head. corrie would ttp if you let her away wi it, and gem was too wee to stop her! lol

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grass reins, thats what they were called. they stopped the horse getting its head down to eat while you were on it. cause that can be really dangerous.
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well when i had my horse she use to do that and cuse she was small (shetland pony) i could just lean back and pull the rains tight and thats worked on everyhorse i have ever riddin

christ i miss riding sooooo much Sad Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: