Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clutch #7 (normal x Lesser) - Hatched
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herpquest wrote:
Very strange results from clutch 7 Scott. I have been breeding Lesser Platty to a number of normal females for the last two seasons and have never had a clutch that didn't contain a predominence of Lessers; the last Lesser clutch to hatch had 4 Lessers and 2 normals.
I would tend to say, are you sure it's a Lesser? but as it's you, I won't.
As the female is a CF, it can be carrying a recessive gene that you are unaware of and the quickest way to find out if it is, is to keep back a male hatchling and mate him back to the CF female.
Eric

thanks Eric, the Lesser was from Noah via Darren. The CF female would of been one that I picked out for standing out amongst several hundred, can't say it looks anything special now though Sad .

The more I look at them the more I just think that somehow I must of used a male pied but I just don't see why I would of done a) because I didn't want to produce het pieds and b) the female was only small so I knew there wouldn't be many eggs so I thought a codom would be better.

I've sexed them now and they are 3.1 Sad , I'll hang on to a pair and sell off the two males.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Ailurus
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats weird lol.

tell you what, you could give them all to me and i could test them to see what morph they are het for. this may take a few years though Very Happy Very Happy and i am afraid the cost for doing this is 4 royal pythons which are het for an unknown morph Very Happy

Snakes: :Pantherophis: :Coelognathus: :Lampropeltis: :Heterodon: :Antaresia:
Lizards: :Rhacodactylus: :Pogona: :Goniurosaurus:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ailurus27
James
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you ever work out what happend with this clutch? is it just possible that you got really really unlucky with the odds?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: