Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is gut loading enough

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ukscott1972
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Is gut loading enough Reply with quote

I have a sambava panther chameleon and was wondering whether gut loading is enough with regards to vitamin and mineral intake or do you need to dust the insects in powder as well. At the moment i gut load using a cricket diet and fresh fruit. Every couple of weeks i will dust either calcium or repton powder. Would be interested to hear what other panther owners do.
kinyonga
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your gutload is really good you might get away with it...but I still dust the insects with vitamins that have a beta carotene source of vitamin A twice a month. I also don't use commercial foods for the insects. Some of them are likely alright...but I seem to have a balance with the way I keep them and I don't want to mess with it.
johne.ev
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at pro formula gut load (www.reptilebreeder.co.uk). I've been using it for a couple of months now, crickets love it. Contains some good ingredients e.g bee pollen, especially good for chameleons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: