Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Picking up 2 new females.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crouchy
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know exactly what you are looking at then sexing by pores is 100% accurate.

Some cresties have patterned scales which look a little like pores if you dont exactly know what your looking at. You need to make sure that the pores go across the body between the legs.

http://www.freewebs.com/crouchys/
CB Rhampholeon Brevicaudatus (Pygmy Chams) Hatching now
donna5
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have an adult male which I can see them plain as day on. I've also got the other two 14 month old ones which I'm pretty sure is a male and female going by pores. These that I were looking at today definately had them between their legs only, cos when I looked futher up there wasn't any. you could see them both with and without using the loupe. Is there a set amount of lines of pores or does that vary?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: