Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brew
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Advise Reply with quote

Hi all, I've been considering getting a Cham for a while but not exactly which route to take. Firstly I live in Suffolk, the only one I've ever seen locally in any pet shop was a solitary flapneck, has been there ages, so the first question is does anybody know of a reputable breeder or shop in East Anglia or South East? Second question is which would be the best line/strain/type to take on as a newbie? I've been reading up and I seem to go round and round, and receive conflicting reports. I came across this forum last nite and it seemed a friendly informative place to set down roots so to speak.
As I've said I read different reports and people have different opinions, So I thought it time to ask rather than just readin. I would prefer a panther of some type to a Yemen! However would I be better going for a Yemen due to difficulty level...........the questions go on and on, and I'm not sure how available a lot of these breeds are?
I'm a dedicated pet keeper and what ever I decide to take on will get my complete devotion, sorry for the long post but it's difficult to know what to ask to start with.
I'll sum up and shut up shall I, any good breeders I can contact and which strain of Cham would/could you advise. The viv I'm not to concerned about at the moment, and I will plan that in more detail (well in advance) when I'm sure what I am going to house. If you can help me by askin me questions please go ahead

Thanks a lot in advance
Jackie
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the forum. Smile

I have moved this post to the chameleon section as more people will see it and thus be able to offer advice.

3:4 Eublepharis macularius
1:0 Gekko gecko
3:4:1 R. auriculatus
1:3 R. ciliatus
1:1 R. chahoua
1:1 R. leachianus henkeli
Brew
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jackie, I realized my error and have re-posted it here, so please delete this one if you like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: