Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doing wierd stuff this morning..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captainmerkin
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Doing wierd stuff this morning.. Reply with quote

was watching one of my chams this morning and it was doing some wierd stuff..

it was gripping one of the sticks with 3 feed and rubbing its other foot up and down the stick for a few minutes, sort of like scratching the sole of its foot..

then it swapped legs and did the other back leg... seemed a little odd.

I had to go to work at that point so didnt see if it got out a scrubbing brush or not..

anyone else seen this before? I am assuming it was just having an itch but did'nt look half stupid.

oh yeah it also used its back legg to scratch its face by the look of it as well!
mcfluffin
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting ready to shed perhaps?
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just shed the other week, dont think its that!
jen23
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my female kinda did that the other day. just the one leg tho. i presumed she just had an itch. then she shook it and walked off! what age do they start shedding? and how often? i thought maybe it was that too but she's only 4 months and wasn't sure if this was too young? perhaps its normal...
Dennis
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seen this loads of times with my veilds. Someone told me it could be because of twigs with a to big diameter for their feet. Ive changed them to smaller diameters and never seen it since..
jen23
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, it was more of a 'stick' than a twig she was on so it could've been that. about an inch n a half in diameter. there is a good mix of sizes in there though... i'll look out for her doing it again and take the larger ones out if she persists. thanks.
captainmerkin
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these sticks are nice and smooth and quite thin so dont think its that..

it was more like it was trying to tackle an itch, which also goes with the wierd goblin scatching its face with its back foot.

They were hecktic yesterday till about 8pm running all over the place and wanting to come out for a walk around.. they then both passed out almost cuddled up till about 5am this morning, must have worn themselves out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: