Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New crestie owner - some ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoops
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: New crestie owner - some ??? Reply with quote

Hopefully getting my cresties sometime this next week so been setting up my viv.

The temps are a little cool so I picked up a small heatmat to help keep them warm during the nights. Whats the best way to fit this? Is it ok just to tape it straight onto the side, or would putting some polystyrene in between be better?

I'll probably swap to eco earth once they are settled in and i'm looking for a good bit of bark/wood of something for the front right side.

What you think?

- Steve
lund209
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: New crestie owner - some ??? Reply with quote

hi mate welcome to the forum just wanted to know will you be getting baby crested geckos as it will be very hard for baby's to find food in that size Viv.
lund209
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you would be best keeping them in one of those plastic tanks with the lid on and put some egg cartons in with them. i personal i don`t use heat with racks as i find it is warm enough in my home. hope this helps.
Scoops
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply m8,

They will be pretty young, not sure the exact ages and will find out a bit more on Tuesday. It is the large 24x18x24 exo terra but it seemed people here have had babies in full size tanks without problem and shop owner thought it was ok. Not that expensive for those plastic tanks and I could easy sit it inside the exo terra to save space anyway Smile Whats everyones opinion on viv size?

I drops to about <60f at night even with a blast from the heating, old drafty houses, even day time doesn't get that warm... I've got some uv/fluorescent bulbs and a sunglow bulb arriving soon so will see how day temps are with that running. The heatmat will be set to something like 68f jsut to take the edge of the cold.
martin day
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just go steady with the light bulbs its always best to get a thermostat so it doesnt over heat babies dont handle heat well
Scoops
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything's on stats so no worries there, I'm keeping a close eye on it at the moment anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: