Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I've been thinking
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: I've been thinking Reply with quote

Yeah, painful i know Very Happy

As i have this clutch of babies due soon i have been thinking more and more about the homes they go to.
My concern is the amount of idiots that can hide there true personality. I have before now sold retics to people i have either been wary of and had to go back to get the snake back before damage is done and i have also sold to people who have turned out to be complete and utter idiots, they just show no signs of it until it is too late.
I realise that there is no way i can stop the latter group but i may be able to help, in part, with the situation.

I am looking at giving away free vivs with each snake. They would be 3 foot pennine vivs. This way i could atleast guarantee i have provided a home for a good few months.

The problem is are people likely to buy the snake to get the viv and then just sell on the snake?
What do you think?

The future is bright, the future is a net like pattern.................

I'm NOT an expert, so if you don't want to know my opinion don't ask!!
mark
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah people could end up doing it just to get the free viv and then selling the snake on again for the same price just to get a free viv out of it then the snakes could end up in anyones hands so not a good idea in my eyes.i can understand your situation but its a tricky 1 just keep them all Laughing and build yourself a bigger house Laughing
mark
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what sort of money are they worth just out of interest is it a cheap thing to buy ?
Dan
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have a system in place to ensure i can keep track of the animals (within reason) so i might be able to adapt that to include something like "the viv must stay with the buyer for a minimum of 9 months after the animal is bought"

Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and how would you enforce that one dan..Unrealisitic if you ask me..I see your point but just don't think it will split idiots from genuine buyers.All it will do as you say is make you feel better.
Dan
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
and how would you enforce that one dan..Unrealisitic if you ask me..I see your point but just don't think it will split idiots from genuine buyers.All it will do as you say is make you feel better.

As i said in my first post, i cant stop the idiots BUT i can atleast ensure the snakes have proper housing for the imeadiate future.

Since i started this , with the exception of a certain nugget we both know, i have followed up how "my" animals are doing now with each person at specific intervals. Asking for a photo of the snake in the viv would give me the opportunity to see growth rate (as i would have a standard size to go from across all the animals) aswell as letting me know they still have the vivs.

As "Bigun" can verify (he knows someone who homed an animal from me), when an animal leaves me it goes with a history sheet, a caresheet (if needed) and a copy of the form the new owner has signed.
This form contains details of requirements i ask of new owners (it is on here i could add the viv clause). I then keep the original copy for my own records.

Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a legally binding document is it?
Dan
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea if it is legally binding to be honest , although i would imagine it would stand for something should i need it to? After all you can have verbal contracts - Judge Judy sais so Very Happy

It does give me some peace of mind that i have done all i can do. Which in all fairness is a damn site more than most people.

mark
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much do you sell them for dan ? on average ? i dont want one im just curious
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Dan..and shame others weren't like that but just feel that it cant be "enforced" as such.Judge Judy...pmsl.. Laughing Curtis court now thats TV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: