Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reassurance Required

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pebblesmum
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reassurance Required Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I got my first Beardie last Wednesday. He's (maybe a she!!) only a baby and keeps me amused for hours. I'm moving house on Sunday and I am yet to start packing as all I do is sit and play!!

Going back through all the old posts I have found loads of good advice and info so a huge thank you to everyone involved in the site Very Happy Finally got him eating his greens as long as I hand feed them, chasing crickets, temps right and generally seems a happy Beardie.

One problem which I don't know if it's normal or not. Unless myself or one of the dogs is sat in front of the viv and interacting through the glass he seems determined to try and get out. He runs up and down in front of the viv checking the glass. As soon as you put your hand in he charges at it leaps on and is happy for a rub for hours. Will then sit on a rock for a bit have some food and then starts it up again.

I'm not complaining as it's nice to be wanted and Bertie (R.I.P) my Corn snake could take me or leave me, but just want to know if anyone can think of something in the viv that could be stressing him as I'm sure it's not my sparkling wit! Laughing

Thank you
Lynne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of my daughters did that, and i discovered when she went on holiday that she didnt that week. when she came back it started again, so yours may just be telling you he wants your attention. hers only does it when she knows they are in.
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynne wrote:
one of my daughters did that, .

one of your daughters ran up to the glass in her viv? bit cruel keeping a child behind glass
0.1 royals owned by mikey
PaulG
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alastair wrote:
Lynne wrote:
one of my daughters did that, .

one of your daughters ran up to the glass in her viv? bit cruel keeping a child behind glass

PMSL Laughing Very Happy
Thats put a smile on me face.

:.Rhacodactylus.:.Eublepharis.:.Stenodactylus.:.Nephrurus.:
Lynne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of my daughters beardies did that!!!!!!!!!!
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, i see. Mind you, I can imagine you keeping your kids in vivs, and feeding them defrosted rats. Would be easier!
0.1 royals owned by mikey
Lynne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alastair wrote:
ah, i see. Mind you, I can imagine you keeping your kids in vivs, and feeding them defrosted rats. Would be easier!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynne wrote:
one of my daughters did that, and i discovered when she went on holiday that she didnt that week. when she came back it started again, so yours may just be telling you he wants your attention. hers only does it when she knows they are in.

Brilliant thanks for your help. Thought it would be typical, only been in the family a few days and already I've turned him neurotic!

So the trick is, if I don't have time to give him the attention, throw the kids in the viv!!! Perfect Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: