Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

killer pit vipers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Herps on TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: killer pit vipers Reply with quote

8pm channel 5,Austin Stevens
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: killer pit vipers Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:

I know where he got the Fer-de-lance and Bushmaster from......and he'll not get offered them again if my Costa Rican sources are right!!!!!!

Using Nikon D300's and pro lenses
Mememe
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: killer pit vipers Reply with quote

slippery42 wrote:
Stuart wrote:

I know where he got the Fer-de-lance and Bushmaster from......and he'll not get offered them again if my Costa Rican sources are right!!!!!!

Laughing

Seriously bad practice in my opinion. Just flings them, grabs them, necks most of them! What happened to a bit of respect and using snake hooks carefully! Rolling Eyes

I won't mention the whole story thing, because TBH, I don't he has control of that.

No man is an Island. Except the Isle of Man.
sam
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the springbok with the longish hair? Wasnt impressed with his komodo dragon one a while ago, far too dramatised and fake- very showy and unneccessary.
miffikins
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the time for this guy, he just seems to aggravate the animals for show and to illustrate how 'brave' and 'in control' he is. Blah. Give me Mark O'Shea any day of the week Very Happy
Lynne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually none of them can compare to steve irwin. they are all just showmen, at least irwin respected the things he worked with.
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree i watched it and he's a complete n0b. the way he aggrovated the retic at the end was bad all he wanted was pictures so why did he have to man handle it big time to take snaps? yeah you might want a certain possition but why stress it for a picture? i dunno but i didnt like it. and miffikins ive met mark o'shea and he's actualy an all right guy but ive heard alot about him. from what i was told if he gets bitten one more time the anti venom wont work due to being having it too much he will be amune to it ? if this is true?
Royal Python
Fire bellied Toads
And a Nutty Staffy
toyah
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll not comment on the actual snake handling, but wasn't that mussurana he found gorgeous!
SiUK
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all of them are showmen they all take some risks to make it more "exciting", I dont particularly like Austin Stevens though, they make the show to look like hes some indiana jones wannabe, I do like to see the animals he "finds" and the places he goes though.
SiUK
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7109 wrote:
i agree i watched it and he's a complete n0b. the way he aggrovated the retic at the end was bad all he wanted was pictures so why did he have to man handle it big time to take snaps? yeah you might want a certain possition but why stress it for a picture? i dunno but i didnt like it. and miffikins ive met mark o'shea and he's actualy an all right guy but ive heard alot about him. from what i was told if he gets bitten one more time the anti venom wont work due to being having it too much he will be amune to it ? if this is true?

he has been bitten alot of times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Herps on TV All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: