Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone going to Hamm? (need a favour) :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad4frogs
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Anyone going to Hamm? (need a favour) :) Reply with quote

Hi guys, I am unable to go to Hamm but need a favour from someone who is. I am after some bromeliads (hanging basket type prefferably) for my dart frogs. Am willing to pay person to bring them back Smile

can anyone help me out?

thanks
kroakykaren
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why dont you just get them from MJ on here? he's the main man for just that sort of thing Very Happy
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I know the urban bromeliad website well but he doesnt do the type I want and the UK price is double that of Hamm show Smile
MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you email with what you want I'll probably have it Wink not all stuff is on the site and prices are not set in stone I do deals on packages or larger orders.. also 90% of what I have isn't available else where as I get most of my stuff from the top US growers and nurseries Also once you add in shipping etc the plants ork ut cheaper from me Laughing I refuse to send stuff in pot as this doubles cost of shipping why should my customers pay to ship soil? Wink

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
mad4frogs
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: broms Reply with quote

pm'd you
mad4frogs
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok since you cant buy or sell over this forum Wink can you tell me if your site does the hanging baskets? or more than 1 brom pup at a time?

Quote:
I just wish people in general would email or ask before saying I'm over priced and don't carry what they want.

Im not saying your over priced and dont carry what we want, its just in europe the broms are about £6-10 for 1 brom with 6 pups on, whereas over here its that price per one brom (no pups).

Thats the only reason why Im asking to get them from Europe.

Ive pmd you sizes of vivs, broms required Smile
MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I understand but the old saying you don't ask you don't get springs to mind Laughing Wink

I do not do the large mother plants of bromeliads for 2 reasons:

First they tend to be full of mature plants that are either o the verge of flower or flowering which is the start of the end to a bromeliads life cycle (in general)

Secondly do get a bromeliad to do that in the tie they must do it it you need ferts which I do not use at all on any plant destined for the frog tank.. I do use the on my mother plants that are here for propogation but thats foliar feeding directly into the mothers axil the pups never see ferts.

Also

When shipping a hanging basket full of broms you pay for all the soil to be posted as well.. the plants arrive bent up and with substrate all down the axils.

When I ship plants each plant is individually wrapped.. and yes a lot of my bromeliads come with pups growing or starting.

I will also pick the best plant for that size vivarium which you wont get from a European supplier there's very little after care, I know this because I've spent hours answering questions on forums and via email about plants purchased from a few large European suppliers which I don't mind at all
Very Happy

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: