Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gambian Pouched Rats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TamiSW
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Gambian Pouched Rats Reply with quote

Does anyone know a good breeder/place that I can get a male Gambian pouched rat from?

I'm an experienced fancy rat and chinchilla owner, over 12 years rescuing and owning the little angels, but I'm now looking for a Gambian rat. I'm also an advisor for the RSPCA and 2 local charities on Chinchillas, however I have now stopped rescuing the poor little things as for the past 4 years all the ones coming to me have had severe dental problems and it just got too hard rescuing them only to have them put to sleep or die a year or so later.

So now I am down to one albino half blind giant of a chinchilla and my rescued Great Dane...so I feel it is time to get an animal I absolutely love. If anyone knows a good breeder please let me know...I am in Dorset so anyone in the south of England would be great.
jamie_s
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott had a couple at one time but im not sure if he moved em on,one killed a baby fruit bat so i would have Mad
TamiSW
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone? Would love to get one and so far have only had one response, also any advice on what age is best to get....normally with fancy rats I always get them about 8 weeks old as any older and they are not as easy to train/tame.
rachel132002
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sure simons rodents sold them.
2 BCC
2 JCP
2 Leos
1 Beardy
2 Cresties
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
loulou
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit MJ:

Please do not use the forum to buy and sell.. use the classifieds provided or the Private Message function.
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lou i help keep and care for two at work "adults" they havent bred for us yet but they are semi tame i would suggest who ever would want to buy one get one as a baby! and i seriously mean that lol they have seriously huge teeth and if they were to get hold of you, you will have either a chunk or maybe a finger missing. ive tried looking for one my self but the person we got ours off he only bought them to breed but wasnt successfull they were the only two he ever seen. its the only advice i can give and oh yes lots of space and toys and cardboard boxes lol Laughing Vinny..
Royal Python
Fire bellied Toads
And a Nutty Staffy
loulou
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loulou wrote:
Edit MJ:

Please do not use the forum to buy and sell.. use the classifieds provided or the Private Message function.

But it's ok to point them at other sellers? I was replying to the original posters question, "Does anyone know a good breeder/place that I can get a male Gambian pouched rat from?".
I never put a price, never put any contact details...fail to see a problem with my post to be honest. I'll try again.

TamiSW wrote:
Does anyone know a good breeder/place that I can get a male Gambian pouched rat from?

Yes I know a breeder, Fixx has some available at the moment, pm me for details as he doesn't come on this forum any more.

Better MJ?

7109 wrote:
Hi Lou i help keep and care for two at work "adults" they havent bred for us yet but they are semi tame i would suggest who ever would want to buy one get one as a baby! and i seriously mean that lol they have seriously huge teeth and if they were to get hold of you, you will have either a chunk or maybe a finger missing. ive tried looking for one my self but the person we got ours off he only bought them to breed but wasnt successfull they were the only two he ever seen. its the only advice i can give and oh yes lots of space and toys and cardboard boxes lol Laughing Vinny..

Yeah Fixx has two breeding pairs at the moment, semi-tame only one really tolerates handling. He also recommends getting them young as they tame down very well. A friend of ours has a young male who is ridiculously tame, and is used for animal talks.
Fixx got a nip from one of them on one of his knuckles ages ago, and it still has a big lump on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: