Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing Posts and threads
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> CaptiveBred Reptile Forums- News - Q&A & Rules - PLEASE READ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Missing Posts and threads Reply with quote

Unfortunately due to a members account being deleted we have quite a few threads that look like they do not exist anymore (message appears saying No posts exist for this topic), the thread is still available to read but you must access it from earlier pages.

It appears that all the members posts were also deleted (this happens automatically when you delete a member...something we forgot Sad )

From now on we will only Deactivate members and not delete them (on the very rare occasion that action needs to be taken) as this will cause less confusion on the forums.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Phil1988
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the heads up Scott.
I know I probably don't know the full story but in my opinion I think you maybe made a mistake in deleting the person that you did. The forum has lost a LOT of great info and advice, I know you don't have to explain anything to me or anyone for that matter but I just can't see what could have outweighed all of the good advice and helpful threads to end up with him being banned. Confused
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil, to be honest the deletion of his account was actually a mistake and yes the loss of many of his posts is a great shame and certainly wasn't intentional. His account was deactivated while the matter was being dealt with, whether we would of re-activated him or not is another matter.

The person in question did have some great input into the forum and at times was a great asset, unfortunately there were also a great many times when his posts were nothing but negative, pointless and argumentative. We received many pms from people that were upset and put off from posting because of this.

The person in question was asked many times by numerous moderators and admin to 'think twice' before posting but unfortunately he obviously couldn't control himself. Like I said it is a shame as I have met him and found him to be a very pleasant individual.

The captivebred forums are about the least moderated reptile forums online but still provide a great friendly source of reliable and correct information and is a place that people should feel able to post up experiences (good and bad) and we wish for that to continue Wink

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Phil1988
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough Scott, I appreciate the fact that you did reply and in detail. As is normal on an internet forum it's hard to know the way in which someone means their post to come across, so I know a lot of posts get mis-read but that is always going to happen. If you did warn him and stuff then fair play, to me it just seemed a little blown out of proportion and so I spoke up because he is a mate.

No hard feelings matey Cool
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None taken Phil and deactivating a member is something which we do only as a last resort (in fact we have only done it ONCE before), I do appreciate that it's hard to ensure that every post is read by other members in the way it was written by the original poster, hence the importance of 'think twice' before posting and also adding the appropriate 'emoticons' Wink Very Happy Embarassed

The member deleted knows my email address if he wishes to discuss things further himself.

Jase
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it is a shame to have lost some very good information provided, tho, the fact he was upsetting multiple users and spoiling threads for no apparent reason warrents the decision. Just because someone is knowledgeable doesnt mean they can insult people or dismiss their opinions in such an offensive manner.

SteveL
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no he was ok at times

Confused

jezz wrote:
I dont understand SteveL's sarcasm dohhh
aidan
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

may i ask who has been deleted

2.4. beardies
1.1 fire n uce beardies
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
0.0.1 corns
0.0.2 crested geckos
Jase
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone with Egg on his face Wink

MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can ask Laughing Don't really know why it's important to you though mate

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> CaptiveBred Reptile Forums- News - Q&A & Rules - PLEASE READ All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: