Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spider Setups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Invertebrates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garysumpter
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Spider Setups Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just wondering how you all keep your spiders.

My collecting is getting larger and I need some suitable housing.

I really like the acrylic spider cubes you can get in the states but the price is offputting.

At the mo my spiders (apart from 2 slings) are in largew glass sweet jars from ikea (360 degree chunk of nature) but they steam up a little too much and iot looks very cluttered having multiple jars (7 at the mo)

I have a 4ft fish tank that is sectionned into four 1ft cubes, which I might convert for the larger spiders.

It would be GREAT to see pics of your setups for ideas as I cant see the spider collecting slowing down!

Many Thanks

Gary

http://www.sitewonders.co.uk
gary@sitewonders.co.uk
kingcobra
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o.k what i advise for s/lings is plastic deli pots like sainsbury,tesco and morrisons do,unless its REAL small slings,then i use film tubes (both types with some vent holes),increase to clear plastic lunch boxes as the spider grows,and what i would recommend for a super-duper starship trooper type of enclosure for your top prize specimens,is a CUSTOM AQUARIA glass tank,made to the individual requirements of your spider. Smile

oh ,and custom aquaria do glass cubes in lines of six or so together with individual lids,so voila! thats six spids housed in one go. Smile

Last edited by kingcobra on Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
garysumpter
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Ive thought about custom glass tanks but id much rather have acrylic (lighter)

Still looking at the options Smile

Gary

http://www.sitewonders.co.uk
gary@sitewonders.co.uk
kingcobra
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garysumpter wrote:
Sounds good. Ive thought about custom glass tanks but id much rather have acrylic (lighter)

Still looking at the options Smile

Gary

true,but more prone to losing clarity when they become marked,and quite a bit more expensive!,however unless you house your glass units in a stable frame or cabinet, glass is rather more fragile. swings and roundabouts what? Laughing
David Maguire
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry have no pics of tanks as i only have 1 spider now but if your into Asian ts get cheap crappy tanks as they just web over everything
serpent
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres my few spiders, I'll be getting another 3 units this weekend to house my growing Tarantula collection.

Its amazing how many spiders you can cram onto one small bookrack Shocked There are 187 on this. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Invertebrates All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: