Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Non-feeding mangrove
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leeroytheboy
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is exactly what I worked out angi. I literally sat like an eejit for about 15 mins, holding it gently behind the head with a fuzzy in its mouth, until it seemed to close around it itself. I used a wax spatula (not mine..... I shave) to guide it down the throat without it touching the snake.
SNAKEWISPERA
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clockworkorange wrote:
leeroytheboy wrote:
I got a few more options before trying live feeding, but it may be on the cards.

Hi,

I had many WC mangrove and they're definitely not easy to feed... So if you're looking for any method, you still have a few options which worked with my boigas:

- Live mice, as long as they are not too aggressive
- Live birds, that usually does the trick. Give it some time, even over night. Anyway, a small bird is not going to harm the snake. You can try live chicks but mine were more attracted to flying stuff.
- eggs!! simply! quail or small chicken eggs may do the trick! Just a raw egg with the shell and at vivarium temperature.

hope that helps,

Cheers!

Mika

you could catapult a dead chick into the cage Laughing Laughing
baldeagle
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A smaller live snake can get them started, they do take snakes in the wild. Jim>E.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: