Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IHS Show in Nottingham / DWA absolutly wicked!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: IHS Show in Nottingham / DWA absolutly wicked!! Reply with quote

Hey Guys how's it going? last night i went to the first IHS show for my self and to be honest i absolutly loved it. it was a DWA night. Mark oshea was there and other good herpatologists. they were talking and showing how they handle venomous and what tools they use and how its was very educational. but this was the best part by far have any of you guys seen a albino cobra? it had been devonomised. but they debate was people say that venomous animals need there venom to digest and reproduce but infact we dont think its true because this cobra is 26 years old and has laid many fertile eggs and hatched alot of young. another thing they tested was snake proof gloves they had 3 pairs of them the first bite went stright through and peirced his skin and drew blood. second pair the snakes fangs didnt go through at all but the gloves were hard to handle the snake. then the third pair he could feel the snake chew down but no peircing and could handle the cobra. this is all on video camera by the way. every body agreed at the end that they still prefer to use bare hands doing hook and tailing when dealing with venomous. have any of you guys bought a heat mat and seen a albino cobra on the front? well that is the cobra i seen last night and she is a beauty. i will find out the names of the people who was there but im not to good at naming people. but i was suprised to see mark o'shae. at the end we had a little chat drank a couple of pints and shared info there were people selling snakes and lizzards like emerald tree boas corn snakes milk snakes tree vipers all sorts! im going again next month with some more money Cool
Royal Python
Fire bellied Toads
And a Nutty Staffy
watts501
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we try and get different speakers each month!!but this month was the most we have had people wise and we counted 80 +, so i think we might have to try and find a different venue. i was on the left hand side of the room near the mens toilet. just played footie before!! it is a good night and next month sum and say hi!! if u have any questions just ask as i am part of the notts committee .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: