Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anybody heard of ??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmpimbura
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arietans wrote:
LOL these guys are having you on!! Here's the corrections to their "scientific" names

Hoodless Cobra - uhm?????? see forest cobra Smile

Naja melanoleuca is not going to be refered to as a 'hoodess cobra'. The hoodless cobras belong to the genus Pseudohaje. This genus has two species goldii and nigra. Nigra is the species that is likely to be offerd, goldii just isnt seen in the hobby. If they are goldii i'll take a pair Laughing

Iri
Windy
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anybody heard of ?? Reply with quote

indeep wrote:
Has anybody heard of QUIVERTREE LTD (Hampstead )

Quivertree Ltd is owned by Marcellus Hughes ... It is a wholesale / Import company which could be why the prices are cheap (I know nothing on the price of venomous) and therefore have a minimum spend and other trading terms. So my guess would be WC .. and could even be a pre-order list .... meaning they take the orders for the animals then import them ... I've only ever corresponded with the bloke by email and phone (mobile & 0870 No's) roughly two years ago ... I can't vouch for him at all, It was only through my web design work that I spoke to the chap .. a reccomendation from Tom Halvorsen Ltd another wholesaler up North. The company is legit .. any limited company can be checked out at companies house .. http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/7a66201c5b0cdcb59ffdf87d80cadaa8/compdetails Not sure any of this is helpful to you but just thought I'd add what I know about the company.

Edited By MJ to fix the link.

I'm told I talk in shorthand and then smudge it !
arietans
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Naja melanoleuca is not going to be refered to as a 'hoodess cobra'. The hoodless cobras belong to the genus Pseudohaje. This genus has two species goldii and nigra. Nigra is the species that is likely to be offerd, goldii just isnt seen in the hobby. If they are goldii i'll take a pair

Even so, P. goldii does spread a hood.

The only "hoodless" cobra is Walterinnesia aegyptia, often known as a Desert Cobra. Monotypical species.
arietans
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Even so, P. goldii does spread a hood.

Before it becomes a huge debate, it flattens its neck into a narrow hood.

For anyone who wishes to keep one, good luck!!! These things are fast!! Very fast!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: