Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh my good god!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arietans
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All my snakes have very distinct personalitys and I know them all and I know just what to expect from each of them whenever I need to interact with them

Yes, some of them are real angry buggers all the time Smile

Snakes just do what comes naturally. If they don't perceive a threat, they will not bite. Biting is always a last resort. Granted, some of them are more willing to resort to biting than others, but its only when you don't give them room to escape with.
The Black mamba is probably the most feared snake in Africa, yet it accounts for very few bites. Resorts to getting away as fast as possible. It becomes the most dangerous snake on the planet when you push it into a corner, but its only trying to defend itelf.

Keep in mind that even Mamba venom is actually very slow acting. You will always have enough time to kill the animal, even if you have been envenomated. The snake knows this too, so why bite?
snakelily
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do you define the word pet anyway? Is it an animal that is under your care that you are fond of?

Exactly, that's how I define the word pet also. I guess if someone has many dozens of snakes and they barely ever interract with them these things change. But basically yes, an animal under your care that you are fond of, that's a good definition of a pet.

Thanks for your comprehensive answers about keeping hots.

Quote:
They are wild creatures and will never be tamed.

I think this applies to all reptiles. This is part of what makes them appealing, at least to me.

Sometimes I look at our hamster and I feel almost a wee bit sorry for him because he is so....transparent. There is no mystery about him at all. He is cute, for sure, and a clever little bugger who has broken out of his cage several times, but as far as his personality and behavior are cocnerned he is just utterly predictable.
trueviper_UK
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Sometimes I look at our hamster and I feel almost a wee bit sorry for him because he is so....transparent. There is no mystery about him at all. He is cute, for sure, and a clever little bugger who has broken out of his cage several times, but as far as his personality and behavior are cocnerned he is just utterly predictable.

Laughing I don't wish to undermine people who keep Hamsters (I quite like them actually) but that made me laugh! Laughing
snakelily
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL -- it's not mine Embarassed !! It belongs to my 8-year-old...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: