Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mack snow enigma
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> New Morphs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjreptiles
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Mack snow enigma Reply with quote

Not the first ever (I know of 2 other breeders who have produced them), but the first in the UK as far as I am aware. Unfortunately she has a kinked tail but hopefully with outbreeding it shouldn't pass on to future generations. Sorry about the rubbish photos Exclamation

PaulG
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are some big spots!
so male or femal?
how did u produce it? mack x enigma?
nice btw shame bowt the kink!

:.Rhacodactylus.:.Eublepharis.:.Stenodactylus.:.Nephrurus.:
cjreptiles
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmallPaul wrote:
They are some big spots!
so male or femal?
how did u produce it? mack x enigma?
nice btw shame bowt the kink!

Yeah, Mack (het Tremper) make, enigma female.
She was incubated for female.
cjreptiles
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was meant to say Mack male...obviously.
serpent
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjreptiles wrote:

I will be interested to see if it actually is a female, I have recently been in touch with Albey Scholl of Albey's "Too Cool" Reptiles (http://www.albeysreptiles.com ) about mack snows and this is one of his replies ......

Quote:
At least four breeders that I have talked to personally incubated their Mack eggs at 80 – 82 degrees Fahrenheit to produce Females and all of us hatched out Males at that temperature. It doesn’t work so much the opposite way if you incubate at 88 – 90 degrees Fahrenheit to produce Males but at least some hatch out as Females. It has do be something with the Mack’s that cause this but no one knows what. It hasn’t happened to me this year as much as it did last year but it is still happening. It happens even if you are doing combo morphs. I hatched out two Tremper Albino Super Snow’s this year that were incubated to be Female and they hatched out Male. I am sorry I can’t give you a more scientific answer but I really don’t have one

cjreptiles
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

serpent wrote:
cjreptiles wrote:

I will be interested to see if it actually is a female, I have recently been in touch with Albey Scholl of Albey's "Too Cool" Reptiles (http://www.albeysreptiles.com ) about mack snows and this is one of his replies ......

Quote:
At least four breeders that I have talked to personally incubated their Mack eggs at 80 – 82 degrees Fahrenheit to produce Females and all of us hatched out Males at that temperature. It doesn’t work so much the opposite way if you incubate at 88 – 90 degrees Fahrenheit to produce Males but at least some hatch out as Females. It has do be something with the Mack’s that cause this but no one knows what. It hasn’t happened to me this year as much as it did last year but it is still happening. It happens even if you are doing combo morphs. I hatched out two Tremper Albino Super Snow’s this year that were incubated to be Female and they hatched out Male. I am sorry I can’t give you a more scientific answer but I really don’t have one

I agree. There was another discussion on temperature dependent sex determination on Macks in this forum (I think), and on Gecko Forums. Of course, TDSD isn't 100% accurate anyway and I don't really mind whether I get a male or female. In fact, I'd probably prefer a male Wink
ukgeckos
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice CJ!
jamie_s
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just seen this thread mate,well done.shame about the kink but its not forced to be genetic.i bought a jungle off tremper three years ago with a kink as bad as that on the end of its tail and it hasnt produced me 1 single kinked tail baby.well done again
cjreptiles
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie_s wrote:
just seen this thread mate,well done.shame about the kink but its not forced to be genetic.i bought a jungle off tremper three years ago with a kink as bad as that on the end of its tail and it hasnt produced me 1 single kinked tail baby.well done again

Well that's good news. Cool
stubeanz
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice i love the enigma gene! did you produce it yourself? if so well done Very Happy
stu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> New Morphs All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: