Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

honduras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Reptiles in the field
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leonie
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: honduras Reply with quote

lol without much thought ive just signed myself up for a herp survey in honduras cusuco national park with operation wallacea, the guy taking the money asked me if i had a death wish, see i dont know a whole lot about snakes or inverts so anyone care to guess how i might come to a bitey sticky end? lol
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a meeting yesterday funnily enough about Project Wallacea, the Honduras one looked pretty cool...I preferrred the look of the sulawesi one though!! In Honduras you've got pretty much every kind of invert to hurt you plus some lovely Bothrops spp. which I'm sure your gonna learn about in due course!! Watch our for the leeches!!!! Wink
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol......I'm sure you'll be fine...just don't get bit by anything! Fantastic opportuinity, have fun! (take plenty of photos!)

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
leonie
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im more gutted about the fact that there will be a shed load of school age kids in honduras doing "survey" work Rolling Eyes i thought about sulawesi but its 3 days of travelling (im a newbie to airports and think i will get lost with just 2 changes lol) that and the fact that theres a big enough list of vaccinations in honduras dont even want to think about remoteness and associated plauge lol

have just ordered new shiney camera and will be buying battries and cards for the next 8 months lol hopefully should collect a few nice ones!
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you come back with an account of it and some photos!! Red eyed tree frogs are meant to be unbelievable if you get to see them in the wild in the flesh. Best of luck with the trip and hope it all goes well!!! Wink
leonie
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: red eyed Reply with quote

im totally desperate to see red eyed, have been to the usual herp departments in zoos ect but the red eyes just hide pml! ive quit smoking to make for fitness and cloud pine access so im quietly going crazy lol im sure it will be worth it ha! i doubt im suffering as much as i will when i have to stop eating a handfull of proplus for breakfast, somehow i dont think that there will be many pro plus vendors in the jungle... here comes the withdrawl lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Reptiles in the field All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: