Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

baby beardie I need a little help (sad story)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aidan
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't leave him alone with crickets if i was you if his cuts haven't healed up properly because i had a tail nip in my last clutch and i left crickets in there and went to school n when i can home i found the Lil buggers eating away at the flesh of the tail so unless they are fully heal i would advise not leaving him alone with them.
i still have her just the tip of her tail missings because of the bloody crickets

2.4. beardies
1.1 fire n uce beardies
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
0.0.1 corns
0.0.2 crested geckos
Lynne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they bit my gecko too. he refused to go near them
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree, crickets will eat anything and an unhealed wound will be open season as far as they are concerned. Mealies are a little safer and feeding by hand or tweezers, so that you know the insects is gone is def the best way forward for any injured animal so its good to hear that your feeding Jake this way. If possible a visual check on him every or every other day should show whether there's a stray feeder insect in the viv and also show if there's any sore or open patches on his wounds. Keeping a supply of veg in the viv should stop this from happening but there's always that cricket that can cause a problem.

Lynne and Aiden brought up a very valid point and one that I should have mentioned so apologies for not doing that, they also highlighted why these forums are so important cos it doesn't matter what you think you know someone will always pick up on the sooooo important bit you miss, I'm going to say thank you guys, I fell down there, and its never a bad thing to have it pointed out. Sorry if these posts sound like a Beardie bible, its def not meant that way I would just like to see this little man do the best he can for himself and Raven xxxxxxxxxxxxx
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Troygreen
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with Jake, I'm sure with your care and attention he will lead as good and happy life as is possible! Very Happy Please keep us updated, Troy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
alastair
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is little Jake today? Managed to get any more food down him?
0.1 royals owned by mikey
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hya everyone

well Jake ate 2 crickets by himself today. Ive just been leaving him alone completely unless to change hes water

hes a laugh for you all. That man who had Jake came into he shop wich i work in looking like he was gunna cry. He sed to my friend that he was grassed on to the RSPCA and was upset because he had RSPCA round hes house acusing him of animal neglect. He then sed that that beardie was a rescue off someone who wasnt looking after him ('cow dung' cus all he sees animals as money makers and he has NO bonds wiith hes animals wotsoever and he care for Jake and fed him everytime he came in from work and handfed him everyday.(by feeding him everyday he bashed Jake on hes nose to get him to open hes mouth) He sed that Jake was a stupid cruel name and he really didnt want to sell me the beardie becus he cared about him so much. yeh well that care if there was any flew out the window as soon as i flashed £30 in hes face. he never gave a 'poo' and i nthink hes pulled the whole drama to make it looked like he gave a 'poo'.

joke eh
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Denzil (chequered garter snake)
Samson+Mickey (Crested geckos)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news everyone

Jake ate 4 calcigrubs tonight in front of me and also 4 crickets all on hes own. Bless him

Very Happy
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
Lynne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is such good news. well done you!!!!!
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thankyou hunx
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
Jwonni
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done i have been following since you started this thread and really after seeing the pics formed the opinion that this little guy had no chance even with someone who would be caring toward him just looked in such a bad state.

to be honest when i first saw him i could not imagine him being able to move never mind hunt but as people have said animals and their ability to adapt is truly amazing

Well congrats on getting him to eat alone sounds like he is on the mend

Well that guy would say that wouldn't he try and turn it round so he is just a victim hopefully it'll be seen through
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: