Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mislead on "red runners"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Insectsunlimited
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Rick. Reply with quote

Got to sort the mess out here before I make my mind up whether to go on or not... but old habits do die hard. We`ll see what the next couple of weeks throws up first. Then I can guage if it`s worth it. It was a big decision & a giant step in the beginning but now the parameters are different.
... & thanks for your support Mark. It`s one glimmer of hope in this black hole I`ve landed in. Who knows... I may make it out in one bit but not unscathed. I have since had a lot of Emails In support (which is why I`m putting my decision on hold). For the time being at least.
As news gets round, I`m now having a lot more positive support from the people who`ve known me years. I may just keep the info going. Insects aren`t as easy to turn on & off... D.

It may be the early bird that gets the worm but it`s the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must admit I have found all of this confusing. But no need to chuck it all in Dave. If you've worked hard for something and you enjoy it then retain it.

Insectsunlimited
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out my 3 visitors could well have been bogus.

It may be the early bird that gets the worm but it`s the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insectsunlimited wrote:
Turns out my 3 visitors could well have been bogus.

Mmm no doubt they were..For the record I can assure you that no e mails or pms have been sent to by myself whatsoever on behalf of Captivebred.Seems like someone is on a major wind up to me!
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, just to set the record straight. I have absolutely no problems with you, your business or your posts on this forum and also have no issues with you advertising on the free classifieds either.

I have not sent ANY emails out to you and have not authorised any others to do so on behalf of CaptiveBred or ReptileClassifieds.

You probably already know this but anyone with a little computer knowledge will know how to send emails out with someone else's name in the 'sent by' field. I had a friend send emails to me from billgates@microsoft.com to prove how easy it is. Now if you can send emails with that name as the sender then you can do it to anyone. Of course all these emails can easily be traced to the exact sender.

The scary thing about the internet is that you NEVER have complete anonymity, EVERYTHING leaves a trace back to the source. I have on several occasions traced posts by bogus members not only to IP addresses but to actual addresses Cool and had confirmation that the info I traced was 100% correct.

I'd like to wish you well in all of this and still don't really know what it's all about or who is involved but I hope that any silly games that are being played stop before things get any further out of control. I think what ever people involved and whatever point they were trying to prove has succeeded but perhaps nows the time to stop.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Scott Cool My sentiments exactly.
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
Insectsunlimited
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: hassle Reply with quote

I`m pretty knowledgeable about inverts... & wildlife in general as I have spent my life studying it. However, I have absolutely no real knowledge on computers as I am self taught & get by on basics. If ANYTHING goes wrong... or I hit a wrong key, I have to have someone in to put it right. The police have taken my new computer to analyse it. Hopefully, this should throw something out. It`s more than just using someone elses name... The Emails have something attached that is alerting the recipients security system to bounce back all the "suspect" Emails that I have answered. The answer to the suspect Email gets thru... & then all subsequent Emails are bounced back, unread.
I didn`t answer the one I got from Captivebred or Ebony Dragon Chinchilla`s Because I found all this out when I answered the one from Bugnation. I simply deleted them & I can still get on both sites but I can no longer get Bugnation as it now comes up on my screen as "page unobtainable at present, try again later" ALL THE TIME. I had to get Rick to Email Shaz, to put her mind at rest ... because I can no longer contact her. The police did say I could have been "Pixel tagged" but I haven`t got a clue what they`re on about.
I`ve put the whole lot on hold until I see what developes in the next couple of weeks... & then I`ll make a decision whether to keep going or not. The way things are at the moment, I`ll be lucky to keep my marbles... let alone the business... but your post is another with positive thoughts... & is encouraging. Thank you...D.

Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is pixel tagged anyone?

Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2000dec/gee20001206003188.htm
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Stu, you found geek.com quite quickly Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: