Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kind of wood?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Amphibians
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

read what I wrote up there about being right ^^ and also what wrote regarding being able to argue this subject for a week... have you any proof they need it? I have experiance with not using additional lighting as do many other hobbyists and I am sharing my view and my experiance.

it's a forum Dale, a forum is a place for discussion which is what this is... if questions where only ever asked via PM then there would be no point and we could all save a lot of time and just email Laughing

here's an idea ask 100 froggers where they put thier lights I bet 80% would say above the vivarium on the outide of the glass.. and then sit there mouth agape when some one would even suggest putting lights inside the viv.

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
kermit
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and thats what i am doing i put my view my lights are over the the glass and my uv on the mesh OUT side. the point is we are talking about uv for frog there for you dont use uv

The B.D.G

www.britishdendrobatidgroup.co.uk
MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale give it a rest... a amount of UV will pass throught glass... your a truck driver what arm gets a better tan in the summer?

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
kermit
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy, my right arm as it is right next to an open window... not the one behind the windscreen

Dale

The B.D.G

kermit
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont you ask who uses uv then when when the ones that know what they are doing say that they do use UV you will give it a rest as if i say it blue you say its red in any post i have sent i suggest you take a look at were you get told i dont know what i am talking about coz they are making you look stupid.

The B.D.G

MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV

AGAIN some UV rays WILL pass through glass!

MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kermit wrote:
why dont you ask who uses uv then when when the ones that know what they are doing say that they do use UV you will give it a rest as if i say it blue you say its red in any post i have sent i suggest you take a look at were you get told i dont know what i am talking about coz they are making you look stupid.

No one is making me look stupid dale Laughing neither are they making you look stupid as you do that well on your own Wink

As for people knowing what they are doing I do.. I have been keeping darts since I was 14-15 my frogs have always been healthy I have bred everything from tricolor to pumilio for MANY years so I must be doing something right..

I along with MANY people have succesfully kept and bred generation after generation of frogs with NO UV lighting for the frogs.

As for disagreeing with all your posts... it seems you are actually accusing me of what you are guilty of Laughing

Quote:
suggest you take a look at were you get told i dont know what i am talking about coz they are making you look stupid

as for that I'm not sure where any one told me you didnt know what you where talkng about as I made that conclusion by reading what you write on the internet and what you had said in my presence the one time I had the "pleasure" of meeting you.

Dale you seem to be turning this into a personal thing it isnt its my educated opinion darts do not need UV light it's not just my educated opinion but that of amny many other top breeders around the world.. if you are allowed your opinion then why aren't I?

I suggest you leave this thread alone now and i wish you had just listend to my advice regarding agreeing to disagree but alas you love a dig and a argument!

Last edited by MJ on Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
kermit
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

owell thanks for that glad i am not and never will be a customer of yours if this is how you treat others on forums. i just think people in your position should not give info to people when asked about uv in your words mate ( i have not got a clue mate.)

and tell me again why you were banned from dendroworld.

like others say why bother with him?. you really are a prat

and yes i know my court papers are in the post. Laughing

The B.D.G

Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep this to a discussion and refrain from any name calling or personal attacks please.
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry stuart but i did not strike the first blow. i am feed up with the likes of paul giving bad info to people about dart frogs under the banner of i have been keeping dart for years lets do the maths me 44 paul 20 something that still dont make me write every time. but the info i have been given i then pass it on

The B.D.G

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Amphibians All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: