Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing Posts and threads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> CaptiveBred Reptile Forums- News - Q&A & Rules - PLEASE READ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynne

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rickeezee wrote:
FFS = FURY FERRET SHAVINGS Wink

ah thankyou rick!!!
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most welcome, allways handy to know these things Very Happy

On a more serious note it is a shame if / when someone gets banned from a forum, it is bound to illicit mixed feelings.

I guess the thing to be conscious of is; be mindful of how one posts and the impact this may have on others, it is so easy to misinterpret (as has been said before) what is written on a thread, after all this is only written communication and a lot can not be conveyed this way.

Yes at times we all get passionate about certain issues, healthy debate is positive and progressive, ones point however valid is lost if ones post becomes emotive and personalised as opposed to objective. The purpose of the forum is to help each other irrespective of knolwedge or experience levels. Just my view on things and my comments are not aimed at anyone but are just my opinions.

Central Scotland Reptiles
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to echo Ricks comments.
Helping others and being able to share knowledge is what makes this such a great community to be a part of. NOBODY knows everything about every single species, being able to give and receive knowledge and experiences is what it is all about. Very Happy

Care must be taken however as what you say, via text, is not always what you mean. Being polite and respectful is imperative.
Young_Gun
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think while some things John said were taken the wrong way, I think 99.9% of the time he was joking about or being sarcastic.

If you honestly think about it there will be a few members who annoy a LOT of people, one who has posted in this thread, but because they are not overtly offensive they are still about.

There were times when I thought he shouldn't have said something/ could have worded something better but I think the final straw wasn't worthy of breaking the camels back.
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of what was said wasn't on here for all to see, so maybe hard for some of you to understand.I won't go into detail as what has happened has happened. Cool
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young_Gun wrote:
I think while some things John said were taken the wrong way, I think 99.9% of the time he was joking about or being sarcastic.

If you honestly think about it there will be a few members who annoy a LOT of people, one who has posted in this thread, but because they are not overtly offensive they are still about.

There were times when I thought he shouldn't have said something/ could have worded something better but I think the final straw wasn't worthy of breaking the camels back.

Maybe you should give john lessons on diplomacy Wink

jezz wrote:
I dont understand SteveL's sarcasm dohhh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> CaptiveBred Reptile Forums- News - Q&A & Rules - PLEASE READ All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: