Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gawd I'm in trouble now !
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geordiegirl wrote:
I had a cricket escape into the flat upstairs... the guy who lives there thought it was his radiator making the noise and paid someone to come and take a look at it... some explaining was needed and many bottles of wine to get over that.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Thats the spirit!

The house next door to me is up for sale (again). I think the price should go up for the added wildlife interest that I provide, cause their garden is full of crickets and Locusts now to! Laughing

Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top attitude Rick! Wink
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
keiron
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my house there is a VERY large brown cricket that lives under the fridge, as soon as lights are out he pipes up and like Pete i find it a pleasant noise, very calming. after living with the constant chirping from escaped crickets for over 10 years i would miss it if it went - call me strange but i love the noise they make!

keiron
peaches
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my next door neighbours complain about a cricket last summer, what I'd like to know is how they knew it was one of mine when they're son keeps a couple lizards lmao Laughing Laughing

I made a mistake a couple of months ago when I had teeny crix and alot squeezed through the gaps in the tub, I chased them around to catch just a couple - open the lid to put them back in the tub but another 20 jumps out!!!! Pointless.

My philosphy now is if they escape - let them be.
WelshBoa
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep all my crickets in the outhouse connected to the back of my house. As I sleep at the front of the house its sometimes amusing to hear how loud they are in the middle of the night if I go for a wee and the bathroom window is open at the back.

I daresay all the people without double glazing can hear them in the street

An escapee is an escapee - not much you can do about it - say you only buy hybrid jumpless crickets which couldnt possibly get next door.
Jan O
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITS DEAD!!! Very, very dead. I saw it just sitting on the path next door so a quick leap over the fence and that ooh so satisfying crunch as my slipper came down on it!! Thing is when we were crawling all over the next door garden another neighbour asked why- my OH thinking on his feet says "oh one of our pet hamsters has escaped and weve seen her in here"- Nice one OH ,now my neighbours think I squidged the hamster!
Love Jan
Insectsunlimited
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: crickets on the loose Reply with quote

Hi, Dave @ Insects Unlimited & if anyone confronts you on loose crickets, you can look them right in the eye & inform them that there are over 20 breeds of cricket, that occurr & breed, naturally in this country. The average "Joe public" won`t know if it`s a naturally occurring one or one of yours... & you get to walk away with a clear conscience. I did have a more difficult problem to talk my way out of the other day whilst doing a bit of gardening for a neighbour about 10 doors away. Whilst lopping his Cupressus Leylandii down to a more acceptable hight, I spotted an adult Sipyloidea sipylus (Madagascan pink winged stick insect). Luckily I saw it & he didn`t but it had to be one of my escapees as I haven`t sold any locally. It was probably from where I`d cleared a cage out & it was originally an egg but with the hot summer we`ve had, it had gone through all the instars & made it to adulthood. It looked quite pretty having a 6" long bright pink stick insect sitting in a hedge but I would think for people a bit squeemish about insects... it would probably be enough to frighten the do-do`s out of them.

It may be the early bird that gets the worm but it`s the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.
bobert
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by far one of the funniest threads for a while..........and so close to home!!
bobert
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by far one of the funniest threads for a while..........and so close to home!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: