Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gutload recipes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AS
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Jas, lot's of useful information on there, really helpful. You say you are working on a gutload formula of your own is there any research you are using to determine how much of each ingredient to put in or are you just using trial and error to see what the crickets like? I get what you're saying about testing individual ingredients, I've tried cactus powder (think I'll use that as a base the crickets love it) bee pollen(proved a little rich, all these bright yellow liquid droppings all over the cricket tank, smelled really bad!) and spirulina (turned the crickets bright green.) Have you tried using montmorillonite clay in any of your tests, I was thinking about using it to boost calcium levels, it contains a whole range of trace minerals and is safe to use with livestock; also it could increase colour intensity.
Thanks, AS
Thomas Shanta
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Locusts love Broccoli more than anything else but I've also found that they will readily eat Readybreak,which is good as it as quite a high calcium content. Wink
peaches
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use ready brek too and when I had crix I would also give them fish flakes.

My 2 pence!! Laughing
Jas
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

montmorillonite clay........I use that in my koi pond with good results.
As with how much ingrediants to use, Its difficult to overdose on vitamins through diet unlike supplementaion, so it really depends on what ingrediants you are using to get a good level of nutrition in the mix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: