Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

F.A.O. Scott W: Varanus Tristis Tristis
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Monitors - big & small!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mememe
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best one is CGD, though,
because writing creted gecko diet about 4 times per sentence gives you RSI Laughing

No man is an Island. Except the Isle of Man.
varanus
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame the americans they started it all with all there GTP and JCP talk Laughing
arborgoanna
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed!!

This new "internet language" full of abbreviated words and acronymns was spawned by the 'all-evil' AOL instant messenger. It is mostly the kids/teenagers posting on the various herp fora that are using these silly acronymns, where you cannot understand a damn thing they're trying to say.

I am happy to have grown up before the "AOL" generation; otherwise I don't know how I would have ever graduated high school, without knowing how to spell properly, and instead using intentionally-mispelled words, abbreviations, and acronymns all because I was too lazy to write/type out the whole word/s.

American'ts sure are ruining it for everyone else....especially the herp hobby/industry. (I wish I was over with you, instead of here in New York)

cheers!

Bob
arborgoanna
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: that's acronym, not acronymn...oops! talk about irony!!!! Reply with quote

oops!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Monitors - big & small! All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: