Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing with settings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Photography & Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jas
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu, i have been using the manual setting on the camera like you said but never paid any attention to the ISO, i also never seemed to be able to get crisp images then when i changed the ISO from 200 to 100 it made a big difference especially when shooting outside.
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Question Mmm if you had gone from using 100 iso to using 200 iso I could understand the change in sharpness as like I say increasing the iso will give you higher shutter speeds and therefore reduce risk of camera shake..but to reduce iso and get sharper images is a new one to me.. Very Happy
All I can think is that its coincidence as we have had some good weather of late so that would keep speeds up above what you would normally get....tbh changing from 100-200 either way won't achieve huge differences but would help if light was scarce.
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you say it must be coincidence, when i took those pics i did purposely seek out sunny spots in the garden but i just put the improvement down to the ISO that i had just changed. Rolling Eyes Very Happy
What would be the best ISO setting for outdoor shooting?
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally use 200 but if its bright enough then use 100...depends what your shooting really...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Photography & Photos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: