Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZooMed Powersun
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martijn
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToonTomH wrote:
Ah right, thanks, I don't have the money for the 2nd option! Laughing

What about this one?

http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/sun_glo_neodymium_spot.php

This says that it gives UVA rays as well as providing the heat. And would 40-60 Watts apply for all spot lights to give the correct temperatures for Beardies?

Thanks,

Tom

Like john Says u need UVb and not UVa. UVb is needed for vit d3 so reptile can use calcium. UVa is for there spectrum (reptile can see it, we cant). Beardies need to have much UVb! And the amount of UVaa that lamp is giving is so low, it wont mather for your beardies!

The cheapest way is to buy a UVb compact lamp with 10.0 minimum. In holland they are sold for aprox E 30,-!

Here are the one from exo-terra: http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/compact_fluorescent_bulbs.php

U need to hang it near a baskingspot. So when ur beardies are sunning they get UVb
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right, got it now, so that ReptiGlo Compact 10.0 along with a Spot Light will provide the right lighting? I'd prefer that UVA light than having the tube even if the tube would provide the right stuff as it would be more practical.

Would a spot light like this be alright? http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/clear-spot-bulb-60w-bc-bayonet-1804-p.asp

Thanks,

Tom

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Martijn
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U can use the fish tube combined with another UVb source, thats no problem. When having UVa is always better but not nececary (maybe for better breeding result, but don't know beardies that well). If u hang your UVb compact lamp near the hottest baskingspot it will be suffecient. When your beardies warm at the spot they get UVb. The exo-terra looks alright, but don't know it personally. I would prefer normal spots which u can buy at a normal hardware store. They are less cheaper and have the same results. Personnaly i use philips par38 lamps. But they are a bit big for your viv.

For more info about reptile UVa and UVb you can read www.reptileuv.com (it is from megaray but has good standard information).

Dont fortget to replace your main UVb source ones in 8/9 months. Because the amount of UVb will be much lower then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: