Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jake the one legged beardie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he sure is. but what a great nurse he had.
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this post for the first time last night and then went immediately to the original post about Jake. The tears were pouring down my face and I am still upset and FURIOUS with his previous owner AND with the shop that supplies the animals to him.

The callous name that he gave Jake - Skateboard - says it all doesn't it ? Crying or Very sad He really is a nasty bit of work who should NEVER, EVER be allowed to own as much as an earwig again. I will not say more about him because we all know what we think should be done....

Courageous wee Jake is a total darling, just thinking of him again brings on the tears, but he is now well on the mend thanks to his brilliant new owner. Please may we have regular updates on his recovery, many of us would love to see him as he progresses.

Well done for showing such love to a wounded and previously unloved creature.

Sue
Lynne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually sue what i would do to this guy cant be written!!!!! i just hope he doesnt have children!!
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I read this post for the first time last night and then went immediately to the original post about Jake. The tears were pouring down my face and I am still upset and FURIOUS with his previous owner AND with the shop that supplies the animals to him.

The callous name that he gave Jake - Skateboard - says it all doesn't it ? He really is a nasty bit of work who should NEVER, EVER be allowed to own as much as an earwig again. I will not say more about him because we all know what we think should be done....

Courageous wee Jake is a total darling, just thinking of him again brings on the tears, but he is now well on the mend thanks to his brilliant new owner. Please may we have regular updates on his recovery, many of us would love to see him as he progresses.

Well done for showing such love to a wounded and previously unloved creature.

Sue

They guy is called Dale that abused him. I call him other things. Like Lynne said "the ameoba" I wont put what I call him and in the place that I work hes know as dickhead dale.

I wish we could bring back hanging. Hed be first in line in my books.

I do love him, he fell asleep in my hand the other day with hes leg stretched out.

Skateboard wasnt the worst name hes been called, he called him a retard and a spastic beardie. Jakes more warm blooded than this guy.

Quote:
he sure is. but what a great nurse he had.

Motherly instincts eh

and sadly guys yes he does have son and a daughter and a girlfriend.

Sadly Ive heard that people that abuse animals rarely stop there.
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Denzil (chequered garter snake)
Samson+Mickey (Crested geckos)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
Lynne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye thats what i was thinking!!!!
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justa little update on Jake. Hes due for another shed soon and hes eating well and hes not hiding so much now. Hes out and proud. Very active little guy dispite hes disabilities.
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
Lynne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great news. keep posting us wee pics every so often so we can see him.
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, Ive just read the entire story of wee Jake. So pleased he is looking much better now - well done you!
Just so you know for the future, you can use baby food - I use it for sick reptiles that come into the vets, Using a small amount with slightly warm water mixed in - just enough to pull up into a syringe. You calculate it to what they need for energy requirements. Then you just ease the mouth open and slowly place it in. Keep them vertical (along your arm, held upwards) for a good few minutes - this helps stop them regurgitating. Works wonders for sick reptiles that arent eating - including tortoises. You can use meaty ones (for omnivores) or veg ones (for omnivores or veggies). Only thing is they often need tiny amounts daily but the baby jars are so big and once opened they only last about 24 hours in fridge so you end up using a lot of jars!
Also for problem feeders/drinkers, definately using reptoboost in a warm water bath-just enough for them to sit in. The skin and cloaca absorb the water (which has the supplements in from the Reptoboost) and encourage drinking. It is brilliant to encourage pooing too, then once pooed you can remove them and pat them dry with paper towel before placeing them back in there basking spot.
Anyway, how is lil Jake doing? Smile

Counting down the weeks til I get my Cham! My beardie is 10 1/2 years old Smile

1.0 Bearded Dragon
1.0 Lhasa apso
1.1 Lionheads
0.1 Syrian Hamster
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See for your self hunnis Very Happy

Heres picys i took this evening before he was fed so he is usually a bit fuller looking and he had just had a poop Smile

Thanks for the advice Tigerbaby. I have used aviro before and baby food for a couple of sick leopard geckos but sadly the petshop that had them before me damaged them beyond repair. They needed a miracle to pull through and sadly a bit of love and baby food wasnt enough. I would have given a digit to keep Trixie (the second one i rescued and the one i had the longest ) alive RIP Leo, Chloe and Trixie. The pain I went though with them was undescribable. I remember breaking down when I found Trixie gone. I worked so long and hard on her. To be honest I wasnt sure of myself when I rescued Jake because I failed to help those leos. But Jakes really pulled through hes ordeal , trusting better, eating well and I swear he still thinks he has legs. I wish i could put a video up of him eating and catching hes food. A friend said its the sadest yet sweetest thing shes ever seen.

Well ill shut up and show ya some piccys Very Happy

Kellyxx
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could donate a song to him it would be Christina Aguileras "beautiful".
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: