Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don´t like to post this..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venomator wrote:
I have just sent this ...

"FOR THE ATTENTION OF:

Tom Wise MEP
Christopher Beazley MEP
Andrew Duff MEP
Richard Howitt MEP
Robert Sturdy MEP
Jeffrey Titford MEP
Geoffrey Van Orden MEP

Eastern

Thursday 20 September 2007
RLG
Address & personal details withheld from here !

Dear Andrew Duff, Richard Howitt, Christopher Beazley, Tom Wise, Jeffrey Titford, Robert Sturdy and Geoffrey Van Orden,

I am completely and utterly disgusted by recent articles in the press celebrating the fashion worlds latest obsession - Reptile Skins !!!

And I quote ...

"Pythons skinned alive and left to die in agony. Alligators killed with hammers and chisels. This is the truly shocking reality behind fashion’s shameful new obsession:

At a slaughterhouse, deep in the Javanese jungle, blood-stained hands untie a wriggling sack and pull out a ten-foot long python.

The snake is stunned with a blow to the head from the back of a machete and a hose pipe expertly forced between its jaws. Next, the water is turned on and the reptile fills up — swelling like a balloon.

It will be left like that for ten minutes or so, a leather cord tied around its neck to prevent the liquid escaping.

Then its head is impaled on a meat hook, a couple of quick incisions follow, and the now-loosened skin peeled off with a series of brutal tugs - much like a rubber glove from a hand.

From there the skin will be sent to a tannery before being turned into luxury shoes or handbags. Finally, they will be snapped up by an army of pampered Western fashionistas desperate for the latest look and happy to pay thousands of pounds to get it."

And that is only a short extract !

My question to all of you is what are you going to do to stop this blatant abuse of defenceless wild creatures by the so-called intelligent Western world and their craving for the latest must have accessories ... ?

It is the Ivory trade all over again - when are we ever going to learn ?

Yours sincerely,

RLG
(Sick to the core !)"

Using this site ...

http://www.writetothem.com/

Only a lone voice I know ... BUT ... If enough people do the same perhaps someone somewhere will take notice and do something to stop this god awful trade ... or at the very least humiliate the sick f***s that sell and wear the product ...
Evil or Very Mad

am going to join you. this cant be allowed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: