Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Croc Hunter' Widow: Footage Won't Air
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: 'Croc Hunter' Widow: Footage Won't Air Reply with quote

'Croc Hunter' Widow: Footage Won't Air
Tuesday September 26 8:38 PM ET

"Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin's widow says she hasn't seen the film of her husband's deadly encounter with a stingray and that it won't ever be shown on television.

"What purpose would that serve?" Terri Irwin said in an interview with ABC's Barbara Walters scheduled to air on television Wednesday in the United States and Australia.

Irwin, 44, died Sept. 4 when a stringray's barb pierced his chest while he filmed a TV show on the Great Barrier Reef. A memorial service held for him last week was broadcast on three television networks in Australia.

Irwin's friend and business partner, John Stainton, has seen the film. He told Walters he never wants to see it again and doesn't want anyone else to see it, either. "It's just a horrible piece of film tape," he said.

American-born Terri Irwin said she was on a research trip in Australia with the couple's two children 8-year-old daughter Bindi and 2-year-old son Bob when her brother-in-law reached her with the news.

"I remember thinking, `Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it,'" she said. "I looked out the window, and Bindi was skipping, skipping along outside the window. And I thought, `Oh, my children. He wouldn't have wanted to leave the children.' And I knew it was an accident. It was an accident so stupid. It was like running with a pencil."

She said it's important for her family to continue the work her husband did in teaching the world about wildlife.

"I've always told Bindi, `If anything ever happened to me, I will always watch over you from Heaven,'" she said. "But she always understood because living at a zoo, animals die, she's seen death. She knows what death is."

Irwin told Walters she is getting through her grief "one minute at a time."

She said her son Bob recently took a screwdriver out of the drawer and said he was going to fix the family's motorbike.

"Off he goes, very carefully carrying it like it was a lit candle," she said. "Goes up to the motorbike and starts poking at it. I said, `what are you doing to the motorbike?' He said, `I'm fixing the motorbike so daddy can drive it from heaven.'"

copied from http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20060926/115932828000.html

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused As much as they don't want it shown I would put money on it turning up on the internet eventually.. Confused
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, which is why i believed the initial reports that it was going to be shown. As it isn't i sincerely hope the tape is destroyed so nobody can use it for any gain at all.

The future is bright, the future is a net like pattern.................

I'm NOT an expert, so if you don't want to know my opinion don't ask!!
lol93
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Terri. Crying or Very sad
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, poor family. I still haven't seen the Animal Planet tribute, if anyone copied it or has a link etc, please let me know. thanks

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres Bindi's tribute Scott..well worth looking out for the whole programme though on animal planet.
http://www.break.com/index/bindi_irwin_tribute.html
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't believe it. Poor Irwin family. Crying or Very sad

3:4 Eublepharis macularius
1:0 Gekko gecko
3:4:1 R. auriculatus
1:3 R. ciliatus
1:1 R. chahoua
1:1 R. leachianus henkeli
big_boids_uk
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As much as they don't want it shown I would put money on it turning up on the internet eventually..

Suprised some numpty hasnt put it up yet as well mate Confused
WelshBoa
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is if they dont want it ever shown I'm sure they could just destroy it immediately now any police investigation is over. I guess ownership of the footage may belong to the filming company but I'm sure his best mate who was quoted in that text is the director on most of his film shoots?? And I cant see the film company witholding that for fear of any outcry from Terri etc if they refused to destroy the tape.

I can still see it surfacing on the internet though
RoyalCrazy
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew they wouldn't air it, but as we know every thing gets put on the net at some stage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: