Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discount Incubators
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Discount Incubators Reply with quote

Hatchmaker R, I can get them at Discount prices; see below. Retail at about £200 a pop.

Yes we still are doing the Hatchmaker R at 165.00. Discount would be available for 3 or more, say 160 ea. for 3 or more , 155 for 4 or more and 150 for 6 or more. Prices include VAT

Anyone interested in combining an order?

Rick

Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poly box...FREE
Heat pad.....£10
Thermostat....£24

Job done Wink

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Dan
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big are they? I use poly boxes this time but i'd rather just have one incubator instead of having them dotted all over the place.

The future is bright, the future is a net like pattern.................

I'm NOT an expert, so if you don't want to know my opinion don't ask!!
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never used them Laughing But try the Brinsea site this will give more info. I just emailed to see what the prices were like. The outlet I contacted are very keen price wise. Most places do them for about the £200 mark! If Scotts one works for a few quid even better.

Reptile Egg Incubator
http://uk.ask.com/fr?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brinsea.co.uk%2Fuk%2Fproducts%2Fhmakerr.html&s=au&bu=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.ask.com%2Fweb%3Fq%3DReptile%2BEgg%2BIncubator%26o%3D35948040%26page%3D1%26dm%3Dctry&q=Reptile+Egg+Incubator&o=35948040&qt=0&dm=ctry&ma=Specially%20designed%20reptile%20egg%20chamber%20Egg%20chamber%20locates%20within%20the%20incubator%20base%20Specifications%20Overall%20incubator%20dimensions%3A%20356mm...&mt=reptile%20incubation&mb=

Rick

Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.........I don't actually use a poly box myself. I have two cupboards made of contiboard, each has 5 shelves and can hold a total of 50 large tubs. They are heated by 2 heat pads in each and controlled by a on/off habistat. Probably cost less than £80 to make in all.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
lol.........I don't actually use a poly box myself. I have two cupboards made of contiboard, each has 5 shelves and can hold a total of 50 large tubs. They are heated by 2 heat pads in each and controlled by a on/off habistat. Probably cost less than £80 to make in all.

Scott
Ok, heat pads or mats? Habistat mat stat I assume? May I ask have you had success in incubating chameleon eggs in the aforementioned set-up?
Please explain the tubs to me e.g. how do you monitor individual tub heat, humidity level, do the tubs avoid humidity build up and dripping of moisture onto the eggs, are indeed the tubs with or without vented lids? What hatching medium do you use, perlite, vermiculite or other? Have you had success hatching different species within the same incubator at the same time, obviously diff eggs diff tubs?

Very Happy Interrogation over, soz for being so pedantic but when I am interested in something I have the need to know everything right down to the last detail, unfortunately that's the nature of a Ricky Rooooooooo. Thanks Scott (humour me or I won't take my medication) Shocked

cheers Rick

Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use 2 29*11 Habistat heat mats, with an pulse habistat thermostat (not a mat specific thermostat).

The Yemens are incubated in there as is everything except the rhacodactylus which are at 'shed' room temp (15-22c).

The tubs are snake hatching tubs (old cadbury sweet box style). NO ventalation. I use PERLITE as a substrate, this mixed completely unscientifically....ie I just tip some in the tub and add water...no weights or measures. I also use a vermiculite / perlite combination on more sensitive eggs. This is a 2" vermiculite base (soaked in water and squeezed) and then 2" of perlite on top. The perlite is DRY, this prevents the eggs from absorbing too much water.

I have hatched ackies, yemens, beardeds, rankins and leopard geckos in that incubator without adjusting any temps etc. I use the top shelves as the warmer part and the lower shelves for cooler incubation, perhaps only 2c difference.

The only thing to remember if putting in shelves is to leave a gap round them to allow the warm air to rise all the way up.

As for using different tubs for different species...I TRY but quite often if the incubator is full I end up with 2 or 3 species all in the same tub. It's quite exciting when you forget what is in the tub and you see little ackies running round with beardeds and then yemens hatch out Shocked

Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scott very informative. I didn't realise you could use a pulse stat with a heat mat. Where do you mount the heat mats? Sides or back of cupboard or both, I assume mounted internally?

You could market your incubator and give me one for free so I could trial it! hehehheheheeh

Rick

JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just used polybox's as well but have worked with that incubator you posted a link for. Used it to incubate specific temp tortoise eggs, worked well...but then again so did my poly box Wink
cornfan
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have a brinsea incubator at home. It was one that I got when I did a review of the product for Reptile Care magazine. Nothing will compare with the poly box for cost but whenever I've used the brinsea it's been with a 100% success rate and I really can't fault it. I can't abide the hovabator which is basically a polystyrene piece of crap but the brinsea is superb.

Reptile Lover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: