Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have any photos of THEIR vision rack?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garysumpter
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Anyone have any photos of THEIR vision rack? Reply with quote

Hi all.

Just trying to gauge the size of the reptile racks that vision do.

Will be for royals but I also have 2 boas to house (around a year old and growing like weeds) so need to ascertain the suitability of these racks.

If any of you have photos of YOUR racks set up, please post them!

Many Thanks

Gary

http://www.sitewonders.co.uk
gary@sitewonders.co.uk
molurus
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine,
slotted just right into a cupboard.
garysumpter
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that! Do you have any comments about them? good or bad?

Cheers

Gary

gary@sitewonders.co.uk
molurus
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

work's very well,
easy to put together,
i have 2 x 12 meter cables rather than 1 x 16 meter, at the moment it very handy cause i only need to heat half the rack as all the tub's aren't full yet.
had mine for just over a month and no prob's with heating, but humidity can pose a small problem, i just place a humidity chamber in each tub when needed.
Lynne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have any photos of THEIR vision rack? Reply with quote

garysumpter wrote:
Hi all.

Just trying to gauge the size of the reptile racks that vision do.

Will be for royals but I also have 2 boas to house (around a year old and growing like weeds) so need to ascertain the suitability of these racks.

If any of you have photos of YOUR racks set up, please post them!

Many Thanks

Gary

i wouldnt house boas in the same room as royals.
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that and I know the reasons.

I am HOPING to get a boa rack AND a royal rack and have them in separate rooms.

Gary

gary@sitewonders.co.uk
Lynne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the royals rack in a spare room, but its just bigdug shelving adjusted for them.the boa and the other snakes are in vivs and tubs in the living room. i did have a cupboard set aside for building another rack in, but it was stolen for coats and shoes!!!!
i wasnt being rude there, its just something i dont do. doesnt mean other people dont keep them together without mishap.
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynne,

I do keep mine in the same room to be honest but i would LIKE to have them separate.

Looks very likely that I will be getting a rack or two but im still very concerned with the humidity issue.

Do you know how easy it would be to screen off some of the ventillation? I dont mean a lot, just enough to keep the humidity in!

Gary

gary@sitewonders.co.uk
Lynne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i can only tell you what i do in the room the royals are in. and i did discuss this with my vet at the time we were talking about quarintining etc. and in his words 'if it works for you.......'
i have the rack against and inside wall, i havent got the bed etc out yet so its the only wall i had free, but being an inside wall its warmer than an outside one. the tubs have heat mats, i tried cable, but it couldnt get the heat up enough so switched to mats. they are heated to 90. the room has a radiator in it which keep the room heated to 80. although it sometimes drops a bit at night. to have a bit of humidity, i have water in tubs placed near the radiator. mine shed fine and havent up to now had any ri's etc, so this works for me.
at the minute my heating has broken down, and it wont be back on till weekend, so my neighbours flung me some heaters. the one in the royals room is keeping it perfectly at 80.
what type of tubs are you putting the royals in. eg faunariums, rubs, contis??

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its rubs or contis you will probably find the water bowl and the heat in the room will keep the humidity just fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: