Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

exeter rep show Cancelled!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaz
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all on there webpage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Young_Gun
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The council cancelled it.
Seems councils that dont have shows 'affiliated' to big reptile groups don't like shows going on.
Gongylus74
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we all call the council in the morning, 36 hours notice for cancellation is absolutely unacceptable in my eyes. I for one will be calling them to ask for an explanation, it's not the organisers fault if the council suddenly change the rules or decide that the rules need to be twisted for whatever reason.

I'm absolutely gutted and whilst it's really disappointing and inconvenient for me, there must be hundreds of people out there for whom this is a total nightmare having spent loads of time preparing animals and planning travel / accommodation etc., not good. Evil or Very Mad
julia
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaz.
A lot of people have put time effort and money in to this show, from the organising through to the breeders that have booked tables, it will effect many people, financially, and mentally Sad this is a wake up call to all those people that were warned that things like this would happen, that the government, the RSPCA etc want to stop people from keeping animals, want to disrupt sales and ruin breeders lives.

This has been in no way the fault of the organisers. most people have been very understanding and supportive over this. Its just a shame some choose to take the selfish view.

I, like many will lose money due to this, but look at the bigger picture, how does this leave us breeders? there are moves a foot to ban internet sales of animals as well. we need to act now before its to late. join focas, write to your mps, stand up for yourselves.
unusual1
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

julia wrote:
shaz.
A lot of people have put time effort and money in to this show, from the organising through to the breeders that have booked tables, it will effect many people, financially, and mentally Sad this is a wake up call to all those people that were warned that things like this would happen, that the government, the RSPCA etc want to stop people from keeping animals, want to disrupt sales and ruin breeders lives.

This has been in no way the fault of the organisers. most people have been very understanding and supportive over this. Its just a shame some choose to take the selfish view.

I, like many will lose money due to this, but look at the bigger picture, how does this leave us breeders? there are moves a foot to ban internet sales of animals as well. we need to act now before its to late. join focas, write to your mps, stand up for yourselves.

Well said Wink
Darky
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable!!! Its beyond me how a council can act like this..

James
Gongylus74
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just called East Devon District Council and got a very helpful lady, unlike the 'person' (being polite) who has created this mess. She knew nothing about the event but has assured me she will call back to point me in the right direction of who to vent my spleen at. Love that expression, never usually use it as I'm a very placid individual. Not today... Evil or Very Mad

Anyone else tried yet?
Thomas Shanta
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong my ranting were not aimed at anyone just saying I'm pissed of like most people who booked a table.I think the organisers should send the Germans who have just driven across europe to see the people in the council who had the last say as I'm sure they are going to be super pissed.
_dave_
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol could they not have cancelled it last week if anything? bunch of c-units!
kingsnake
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was afraid this would happen. The powers that be are trying their utmost to ban commercial pet fairs thatnks to those a***holes at animal aid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: