Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

some seriously mental breeding
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> New Morphs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martinh
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant say i disagree with hybridizing, but this does seem a bit too much like playing god.

The fact that naturally the only way these two speciaes would ever meet would be for at least one of them to sprout wings, although i must confess that neither the royal or burmese pythons naturally occur inside large wooden boxes in someones living room, so i guess the whole 'natural' argument doesnt quite work!

Hybridizing does seem to occur in the wild when given chance for example the madagascan ground boa species seem(i think...) to interbreed.

This cross does seem somewhat ridiculous, and sure to make someone very wealthy if it works out.
photographymatt
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully disagree with cross breeding on purpose(Im sure it happens in the wild but if a human does it with his snakes just to see what will happen....grrr) But hey...the people that do it are "more involved" in the hobby...go them *claps hands* I have lots of respect for the people who make these horrid looking snakes and sell them for 1000s of £/$...lots of respect.

and wouldnt trying to cross a egg layer and a live bearing snake...cause problems?

*shrugs*

matt H
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

photographymatt wrote:
Fully disagree with cross breeding on purpose(Im sure it happens in the wild but if a human does it with his snakes just to see what will happen....grrr)
*shrugs*

matt H

have to agree with that statement Matt....somethings just aren't right! Stroudster...take note Wink

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's this "stroudster" you speak of Question
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that great lad that moderates with me...
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong Wrong Wrong.

http://www.sitewonders.co.uk
gary@sitewonders.co.uk
RoyalCrazy
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah suck that beep lol Laughing
mccabec
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

although it is playing god in a way between livebearers and egg layers. if its between two livebearers or two egg layers than i spose u could compare it to cross breeding dogs to produce mongrels. in this sense i do not think it is that bad unless animals are sold under false pretences of being pure.
Mememe
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccabec wrote:
although it is playing god in a way between livebearers and egg layers. if its between two livebearers or two egg layers than i spose u could compare it to cross breeding dogs to produce mongrels. in this sense i do not think it is that bad unless animals are sold under false pretences of being pure.

Except that all 'pet' dogs are Canis lupus familiaris - similar down to the subspecies.

Whereas snakes can potentially be of whole different genuses.

No man is an Island. Except the Isle of Man.
callmechook
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the idea myself, I was taught by a certain Mr Found and althought theres some lovely hybrids about I'm for pure strains as fas as poss, I just hope the female doesn't suffer complications xxxx
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> New Morphs All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: