Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leatherbacks and Silkbacks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynne wrote:
MJ wrote:
Lynne wrote:
human greed basically. and it really doesnt seem to matter about the animals/reps in question. look at persian cats. the problems british bulldogs have etc etc. the list goes on and its all down to what humans percieve as perfection.......and of course greed.

So as a stand of righteousness will you stop keeping all the colour morph snakes you have?

erm no. but i wont buy any more. that satisfy you?? Very Happy i dont think the colour morphs have problems that can be compared to the problems various cat and dog breeds have. do you? sorry my opinion doesnt match yours paul. but thats life, and its MY opinion that matters to me. but just to please you, after the bino and the pied arrive in 2 weeks time, thats me finished. Very Happy

TBH Lynne I couldn't care less what you do with your money.. it just made me LOL that you called this greed etc when you yourself keep colour morph reptiles...

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
Lynne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye we need to get you through. but before anyone else says anything jack, keep on topic!!!! Smile
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i though you were getin a male boa and that was it Laughing

ok back on topic ihaving the slik back must be likme living in a glass house it must have some health problems
Lynne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ wrote:
Lynne wrote:
MJ wrote:
Lynne wrote:
human greed basically. and it really doesnt seem to matter about the animals/reps in question. look at persian cats. the problems british bulldogs have etc etc. the list goes on and its all down to what humans percieve as perfection.......and of course greed.

So as a stand of righteousness will you stop keeping all the colour morph snakes you have?

erm no. but i wont buy any more. that satisfy you?? Very Happy i dont think the colour morphs have problems that can be compared to the problems various cat and dog breeds have. do you? sorry my opinion doesnt match yours paul. but thats life, and its MY opinion that matters to me. but just to please you, after the bino and the pied arrive in 2 weeks time, thats me finished. Very Happy

TBH Lynne I couldn't care less what you do with your money.. it just made me LOL that you called this greed etc when you yourself keep colour morph reptiles...

exactly keep them. i dont plan on making money from them. so how am i greedy? i keep the morphs because i like them, likewise the normals, but use them to make money......i dont think so. and TBH paul, its nothing to do with you what i do ith my money, so back of or pm.
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynne wrote:
MJ wrote:
Lynne wrote:
MJ wrote:
Lynne wrote:

exactly keep them. i dont plan on making money from them. so how am i greedy? i keep the morphs because i like them, likewise the normals, but use them to make money......i dont think so. and TBH paul, its nothing to do with you what i do ith my money, so back of or pm.

...and who says the people owning these lizard morphs aren't keeping them for the same reasons you keep yours? Not everyone in the hobby is bent on making money Rolling Eyes

Quote:
i dont think the colour morphs have problems that can be compared to the problems various cat and dog breeds have. do you?

...and what does that have to do with your original comment on bearded dragon morphs? Rolling Eyes
Lynne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this lets gang up on lynne day? cause if it is.....feel free. im sure not all people do keep them to make money, i didnt say that did i!!! i know plenty who dont. i also know plenty who do. i also know plenty who keep snake morphs to make money. fortunately im not one of them.

we were asked for an opinion, i gave mine, paul got personnel. my snakes and my bank balance has nothing to do with anyone on here. and my reasons for keeping morphs, because i happen to love the particular morphs i have.

next!!!!!
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geckoguy wrote:
ok back on topic ihaving the slik back must be likme living in a glass house it must have some health problems

I think it's very dangerous to judge something like that with no first hand experience.

From what I've read on the website originally linked to, they don't appear to have any issues (certainly no more than any other captive bred animal). I'd like to know what happens when they're bred from - but judging their health simply from looking at them is not an informed opinion.

And on the off topic, it always makes me laugh when people assume that just because someone's spent a lot of money on animals, they're out to make a profit. I feel it normally says more about the person making that comment then the person with the animals!
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynne wrote:
is this lets gang up on lynne day? cause if it is.....feel free. im sure not all people do keep them to make money, i didnt say that did i!!! i know plenty who dont. i also know plenty who do. i also know plenty who keep snake morphs to make money. fortunately im not one of them.

we were asked for an opinion, i gave mine, paul got personnel. my snakes and my bank balance has nothing to do with anyone on here. and my reasons for keeping morphs, because i happen to love the particular morphs i have.

next!!!!!

Calm down my dear...its only a forum Wink

People recently do seem very quick to reply, remember the words are typed and you can't construe the context or tone in which it was meant to be interpreted. There is no need to fall out about it, after all this is a discussion board, not an argument board Cool
Lynne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who is falling out???? i dont fall out with people, lifes too short. i do know its a forum, thats why i dont take it too seriously. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: