Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Houten today
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Houten today Reply with quote

Cool Well was my first time there and it was everything I had heard and more! It really was mindblowing the array of animals on display,as well as the equipment etc.The place is huge and very roomy.Although it was very busy there was no pushing or shoving which was nice as I was shattered after getting up at 6.30am yesterday and having no sleep since!
Trip over was great and a good laugh with some great company,we had a convoy of 3 cars with 4 in each car.Drive over went great apart from the weirdo that decided to run towards the car from the hard shoulder of the m25 in his boxershorts!! Shocked Laughing
We got in a little early and even beat Scott through the doors but guess he was hungover as he rang me asking where to go!! Laughing
The animals on display range from the most common to some of the rarest around and most the table holders were very friendly and helpfull even with the language barrier..
Got to meet some new people as well as meet up with old faces..was great to see Mr Harris again and finally met up with Jon Arthur(great to see you at last mate,you and Paul look after my girl for me!) Wink Saw Jas and his good lady too plus a few others,gutted that I missed meeting up with RonW(sorry mate) next time we will for sure. I could have spent a fortune easily but eneded up coming away with a stunning 100% het albino granite burm female and lots of duty free spirits.. Very Happy ..I will post pics in the next day or so.We left at lunchtime and journey home was great until we hit the m25.. Rolling Eyes Major traffic which really slowed us down but at least I managed to shut my eyes for a short while..Big thanks to SteveC for offering to drive back from dover as it was my turn but I would have probably crashed due to the lack of sleep I had..Anyhow I would still go back in a shot as the show more than makes up for the tiredness..If you can get out there I would highly recommend it.

Last edited by Stuart on Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Jase
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you had a good time at a good show. I wish I could have warrented going but no spare cash at the minute Cool Will you be displaying your new purchase? Wink

kroakykaren
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you all had a great time, look forward to the pics of your new girl Very Happy
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing For sure once she has stopped trying to bite me..lol...will leave her alone tonight to warm up and settle and get some pics in a day or so..she really is nice and been after a decent female granite for ages!!..they all seem to have loads of "bald" areas of pattern whereas this one is granite all over.. Cool
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb, good things come to those who wait Very Happy
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Certainly do!!..there was loads there but only a handfull that were what I wanted..didn't see this girl right up until 10 mins before we were leaving! Thanks to Dennis Kuch for supplying her.. Cool
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Stuart
Nice to hear that you had a great time in Houten.
I prefer Houten over Hamm because as you said people don't push each other to see what animals are on the table.. I didn't went to snakeday (I'm more a lizard man Rolling Eyes )
But you really had a nice day with a lot of sun don't you Wink

Jordi
1.1.1 Cyclodomorphus gerrardi

Co-Studbookeeper ESF studbook Tribolonotus sp.

Ally
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you had a fab time, and thanks again to you and Scott for bringing my snakes back! I'll be picking them up this evening...
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep was a great show, I'd forgotten how good Snake Day was as I haven't been for a good few years. It used to be the only European show I went to, traveling over with the 'vivarium' buses (the good old days, Al Stotton, Richard Haigh, James & Paul from Coldblood and 30 plus others Laughing those over night crossings were complete chaos Embarassed Laughing ).

The only down side to this show was the fact I needed to drive as I was buying a load of vision racking. Even with all those fantastic snakes (amazing selection this year!) I still only came home with my racking.

Good see you again Ron, shame it was just as I needed to leave.

Was funny seeing Stuart's face early in the day...he looked in total disbelief with the amount to choose from...he was in granite burmese heaven Laughing

hi Ally, no worries about the snakes, yep your guy was right opposite where I bought all the racking from and was a nice bloke with some great snakes for sale Wink

Was an excellent weekend again, Stu you were right...too many beers Saturday night Embarassed

Oh yeah, a big thank you to customs for stopping us on the way home...such a pointless 10 minutes...leads me to the conclusion that my name is black listed as that is my last 3 journeys I have been pulled over... Evil or Very Mad

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Central Scotland Reptiles
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic but - I have never brought animals back from abroad. What do customs check for other than illegal animals? What documentation do you have to provide?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: